NOKIA 8.3 5G HAS MANY BUGS AFTER UPDATING TO ANDROID 12

Nokia 8.3 5G has many bugs after updating to Android 12. These bugs affect: - adaptive battery. - Energy saving settings. - Lock screen.

NOKIA 8.3 5G HAS MANY BUGS AFTER UPDATING TO ANDROID 12

ZENO PERSICO ZENO PERSICO
✭✭  / 

Nokia 8.3 5G has many bugs after updating to Android 12. These bugs affect:

- adaptive battery.

- Energy saving settings.

- Lock screen.

If Nokia continues like this, it can no longer be trusted.

Comments

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 9

Well here's the list of issues and bugs I've got after a factory reset:

- Internet tile is now missing

- Adaptive battery toggle in the battery settings does not match the toggle in adaptive battery

- No option to disable the two line clock on the lockscreen

- No toggles to globally disable the camera and mic

- Camera and Mic access indicator shows over the top of other icons in the status bar

- At a glance toggle has no use, on or off makes no difference

- Intermittently unable to close apps on the multitasking screen until you swipe up to close multitasking and try again

- Abysmal battery life meaning that you have to charge the phone at least twice a day

- No option to schedule Battery Saver and Super Battery Saver by percentage of battery life

This is just the things I have noticed, if anyone else has other issues with the Android 12 update then it would be worth adding them here.

One thing that is fixed is the reboot when the phone gets to ~40% battery remaining 🥳

• AdzK87 AdzK87
    ✭✭  / 

Found my microphone not working on calls after update, have to use phone on speaker now. Did some research and found disabling Mic access to Google part fixes the problem, I can record sound on videos now, still doesn't work on a phone call. Very frustrating. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix for this soon or I'm jumping to Pixel

• AdzK87 AdzK87
    ✭✭  / 

Does Nokia monitor these threads to see what people are saying and potentially fix issues?

• Hount Hount
    ✭✭  /  edited May 9

Wife's Nokia 8.3 5G got Android 12 update few days ago.

Anyone else having issues with screen randomly turning completely black with no apparent way to get it back on? It's clear that the phone is on as fingerprint sensor would trigger short bursts of vibration motor and phone can even accept calls (thought user has to answer to the call blindly swiping on some spot on screen).

Only way we've found so far have been to hold the power button untill the phone restarts. So far this have happened ~once a day.

Other issues was that right after the update the phone ran extremely slow for the first 24 hours or so. We tried many consecutive reboots and no help. Performance was ~5 fps in menu animations and opening any app took close to 30 seconds. That issue seemed to fade away after the phone sat in charger overnight.

• nlacharriere nlacharriere
    ✭✭  / 

since phone was updated from Android 11 to android 12 the battery does not las so long.

• Gabriel Kamami Gabriel Kamami
    ✭✭  / 
  • MikeK MikeK
    ✭✭  / 

I've had issues since updating to android 12 also. Media stops for no reason, YouTube, Spotify, game apps, problem withe Quickstep app etc. Support said reboot, soft reset, app reset but none worked last they said to factory reset or send back for repair. I never had any issues until I updated to Android 12.

• Techbunny Techbunny
    ✭✭  / 

After the Android 12 update my Nokia 8.3 5G started randomly restarting.

I tried a factory reset but it did NOT help. Anyone else having this issue?

I didnt have this issue with Android 11.

• MikeK MikeK
    ✭✭  / 

I tried Nokia Support who said to do a soft reset (hold power button and sound up button simultaneously for 15 seconds) did n't work. Also to go into Quickstep and reboot settings that didn't work either. Finally they said factory reset. That doesn't work either.

• glen0304 glen0304
    ✭✭  / 

Same issues here also random screen presses doing other things, would really need to roll back to 11 till they get this sorted phone becoming unusable

• J. B. J. B.
    ✭✭  / 

This message I have zend to Nokia.

I already had a 1 hour chat with your helpdesk. After the update of Android 12 the camera does nearly record sound. The recorded sound sounds “far away”. Alle the possible checks has been done. Including factory reset. Sound/Voice recorder works perfect. Loud and clear. I have tried another camera app BEFORE and AFTER factory reset. Same result: nearly no sound. More Nokia 8.3 (My version is the 4-G version) users have the same problem. Can, and Will you solve this ?

• J. B. J. B.
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia is in the denial phase. Everybody knows that when different voice recorder apps use the microphone properly (tested before and after factory reset) that there is a bug in Android 12. Nevertheless the Nokia Mobile Care Center wants me to send my phone to a repair center. That sounds strange to me, especially because more Nokia 8.3 users have this problem. The camera records sound, but after playing the video the sound sound far away. Very soft. Looks like it is muted. One of the advices of the chat/helpdesk were:

Uninstall updates ? I can not find it. Somebody with another advice ?

• Bill. Bill.
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia has fallen so low that it is impossible to count on anything. They are on the verge of hopelessness and bankruptcy, I think that only a group lawsuit could restore at least some of the losses incurred by purchasing their hopeless devices. 🤢🤮

• J. B. J. B.
    ✭✭  / 

I have installed these 3 Camera-apps from Google Play store. They all are working very well AND they (video) record SOUND very well too. Now it is proven: By, or because of the update from Android 11 to 12 on my Nokia 8.3 4-G the camera app. became sound-recording-problems. Under Android 11 the camera-sound-recording worked perfect. Hereby I do request, now for the 4-th time that the developers of Nokia provide a bug/fix-update. I challenge Nokia to keep their promise that they provide a good camera (which was true until the update to Android 12). Fixing this seems to me (and for sure more Nokia 8.3 users) a professional attitude.

• aloken muton aloken muton
     / 

what happen nokia 8.3 5G after updating to android 12, the display has never turn back on after receiving a call, i know that while on call the display is turning off for some reason, proximity sensor or whatever it is, but i have no issue on android 11, because after the call or received call the display is turns back on. but now it took more than 30 mins and an hour.. how the **** it turns like that, upgrading system should improved the capability of tech. if there is no solution with this. how can you satisfy your costumer expectation. (sigh)

• Bill. Bill.
    ✭✭  / 

there is a very simple solution to such problems .... throw the device into the trash and never buy more devices from hmd (nokia) unless you want to wait endlessly for hopeless updates... I hope I helped faster that nokia group 🤣

• Van Thieu Van Thieu
    ✭✭  / 

All of you need to do a full factory reset and not recover your phone's imagine from Google. There are lingering configuration data from older version that didn't get cleared. A fresh start usually does the trick.