Has nokia abandoned 5.3

It was way late for Android 11 update. But it was for all the devices from nokia.

Has nokia abandoned 5.3

Wargod290 Wargod290
✭✭  /  edited May 21

It was way late for Android 11 update. But it was for all the devices from nokia. This time when devices like nokia 2.4 are getting stable Android 12 update, nokia 5.3 does not even get monthly security patches . Is nokia slowly abandoning 5.3 ?? Because promised updates are having unexpectedly long delays and no news of Android 12 on 5.3 can be found. Even 5.4 which was released later was seen on geek Bench running Android 12. Pls HMD maintain your updates, and talking of update schedule, this year no road map was given as far as I know. And with the buggy mess that Android 11 came with its not acceptable for at least for me to wait another extra 5-6 months to get nest Android update.

Tagged:

Comments

• marcello marcello
    ✭✭  / 

A shamefull reality of HMD

• marcello marcello
    ✭✭  / 

Last security update is 1-3-2022, were at this moment in june and stil on android 11. 12 is faremore out en 13 is coming up. This is no means of what Nokia ha promissed for this device. This is explicit setting up customers to security risks. Thougt about this HMD ? You wonder if people are stepping away ?

• user1509088061055 user1509088061055
    ✭✭  / 

Not too surprising really. Nokia make cheap phones, and have a small percentage share of the market.

Seems to me the choice is buy cheap and get intermittent updates, or pay more and go with the big three ( Google, Apple & Samsung) for more reliable software update policy.

To date I've followed the cheap route, but will be looking seriously at the big three when my 5.3 phone starts to fail.