Is Google Pay working for you after upgrading to Android 12?

My G20 received the upgrade to Android 12 the other day. Now, after the upgrade, Google Pay doesn't work properly any more.

Is Google Pay working for you after upgrading to Android 12?

hal9k hal9k
✭✭  / 

My G20 received the upgrade to Android 12 the other day. Now, after the upgrade, Google Pay doesn't work properly any more. It says my mobile doesn't meet security standards, it's either rooted to has uncertified software on it.

But that's not true. My G20 is neither rooted nor does it have uncertificed software installed. I ran a Google Play Protect security scan, it didn't report any security issues.

However, Google Pay still doesn't want to work any more and says my mobile is not secure...

How can I fix this?

Answers

• infotvbox 75 infotvbox 75
    ✭✭  / 

try this

• -Head over to the Settings menu on your device > Go to Apps (Manage Apps or Apps & Notifications).
    • -Now, locate Google Pay (GPay) and tap on it to open App Info.
    • -Tap on Storage > Tap on Clear Data > Select OK if the confirmation dialog box appears.
    • -Finally, reboot the device > Open the Google Pay app > Set up the necessary info.

• hal9k hal9k
    ✭✭  / 

Many thanks, infotvbox. Unfortunately, the problem still persists. I'm afraid this procedure didn't help.

✭✭  / 
    some people solved the problem with other devices in the following way

-Clear data and cache in Google Play Store app
    -Clear data and cache in Google Services app
    -Clear data and cache in Google Pay app, then force stop.

You restart the phone 2 times in a row.

i

• hal9k hal9k
    ✭✭  / 

Google says Nokia has to send the list of trusted mobile device firmware to Google after each OS upgrade. Only if the firmware of the G20 mobile is in this list, Google Pay will work.

✭✭  / 

Does anyone inside nokia read this forum?

it seems that nobody in nokia is interested in solving the problems that appear in this forum.

• hal9k hal9k
    ✭✭  / 

I doubt they are reading this forum. I opened a support ticket on their website.

• Hassan Jimba Hassan Jimba
    ✭✭  / 

Sorry, on like in my country, Nigeria, Nokia G20, haven't received security patch of April and May. And now I heard announcement of upgrading to android 12, so what can say here?

• Hassan Jimba Hassan Jimba
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia co- operation, please, do some things quickly to fix any problems, which may be with held. We Nokia phone users are lacking behind. Thank you!.

• Johan Palsson Johan Palsson
    ✭✭  / 

Hello everyone, Google has now applied a fix for this NFC issue on the Nokia G20.

• hal9k hal9k
    ✭✭  / 

At least I can add my credit card to Google Pay now which wasn't possible before the Security Patch was installed.

But NFC payments are still not possible. I still can't configure contactless payments in Google Pay. Google Pay still says my G20 isn't safe or was rooted.

Which is absolutely incorrect.