Display settings are lost by switching off smartphone

KWF
KWF ✭✭

I noticed that when I switch off my Nokia XR20 and switch it on again later, I lose my display settings such as how long the display will remain on until it switches itself off. I set it to 2 minutes and then it always sets itself back to 15 seconds.

Comments

• singhnsk
    singhnsk Super User

It is not happening to me, and hence, I'll recommend that you perform a hard reset to even out any chances of a misconfigured settings database. It is also wise to not restore a backup from the cloud when you reset as it can pull back the same settings again.

I know backing up and restoring data is a pain on these phones with no proper means of doing so, but that's the best advise I can give in current circumstances.

• KWF
    KWF ✭✭

OK, thanks for your feedback. So, it does not seem to be a general problem.

But setting up my Nokia smartphone with over 200 apps was sooo much work. I will therefore continue finding a different solution rather than a hard reset. I find it a pity that it's not possible to make complete image backups from smartphones as can be done for computers. I regularly create such backups there so that I always a recent functioning version of the operating system and all software installed.

• Stefnie
    Stefnie ✭✭
    edited July 7

I have the exact same problem with my timeout setting that keeps going back to 15 seconds. Support tried to help me, but it didn't work. Looks like there's no solution.

• The same problem with ringotones in ringotones folder - files disappear.