Where in the name of God are our security updates??

Ok Nokia, this model is quite new and so i expected regular security updates so why is my UK phone still on March's update on June 10th?

Where in the name of God are our security updates??

gavin duggan gavin duggan
✭✭  /  edited June 9

Ok Nokia, this model is quite new and so i expected regular security updates so why is my UK phone still on March's update on June 10th? You promise 36 security updates...being of average intelligence i assumed that means one per month for 3 years. I have no interest in Android 12, 13 etc. as these software updates rarely make a difference to.me but i do want my phone to be as secure as possible i.e. regularly updated with Googles security patches. Would i use an antivirus program on my PC that only updated every 3 months? No, obviously i would not.

I doubt anyone from Nokia will see this or have any useful comment to make but if you do and actually care about customers let me know what the problem is please.

Oh and if you have identified and accepted the flickering screen issue (Grrrrr!!) any news on that would also be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• gavin duggan gavin duggan
    ✭✭  /  edited June 9

Sigh!!!

• Zathan Zathan
    ✭✭  / 

Same for my G11, stuck on the March update while my old Nokia 2.2 has the May patch...

• Great MT Great MT
    ✭✭  / 

Same situation on my X20 as well. Also I think HMD already missed the February security update. They went straight from January to March.

✭✭  /  edited June 10

I think they must roll them up together, at least i hope so. Looks like Nokia have bitten off more than they can chew with too many models to keep on top of. Might be time to buy a Pixel! Shame if so as always stuck with Nokia before

• cosmicfoxx cosmicfoxx
    ✭✭  / 

Someone in that office better get fired because clearly, they're not doing their job.

• Luke Staunton Luke Staunton
    ✭✭  / 

From my experience, if the the security updates are several months behind it usually means they will roll out a new build, or in this case it is possible that Android 12 will be available for the G21 soon.

✭✭  / 

Good point, though the Nokia update page does say MR plus April security update was released on 19th April. So not sure why still on March's. But i guess we are at the mercy of Nokia.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 13

HMD is competing with Moto now when it comes to updates.

Their security update page is not updated since April 22.

Or may be they are trying for an early exit.

• eddie mcguinness eddie mcguinness
    ✭✭  / 

bought my g21 because of promise of timely monthly security updates .A pack of lies my device is still on March security patch .If you cant deliver on your promises Nokia then dont make them in the first place ! Shameful.

• Dog007 Dog007
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 15

Guten Tag zusammen nach langer Zeit nochmal hier im Traumland des HMD Nokia Imperiums, dort wo die Fantasien freien Lauf genießen nur die des Herstellers und deren Chefetage natürlich. Nun ja was soll ich sagen das Nokia G21 ist ein ausgezeichnetes Standard Smartphone mit vollmundigen Versprechen deren Einhaltung bisher kläglich scheitern.

Ich habe 2 davon und ein T20 was mir übrigens gefällt, funktioniert mit WLAN+Wifi einwandfrei und zu dem Preis auch ok.

Was mich aber wieder mal ärgert sind großspurige Updateversprechen deren Reichweite sehr begrenzt ist eher ein Verkaufs - Trick ohne jegliche Verantwortung, Wer dafür wohl mal den Kopf hinhält steht ja noch offen.

Traurig ist das hier den Kunden viel versprochen wird aber nichts wird eingehalten !!! Die Updateseite für die Nokia Modelle hängt auch schon sehr lange in der Luft, wer pennt da eigentlich den ganzen Tag ???

Sorry aber von der Updatepolitik her ist bisher Samsung nicht ohne Grund führend und tausendmal besser, stellt sich für mich schon wieder die Frage bleibe ich bei Nokia oder investiere ich lieber 100 Euro mehr und weis was Sache ist. Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5 habe ich alles prima das A53 steht noch auf meiner Wunschliste oder das neue Xcover 6 was dieses Jahr noch kommt, dann kann das XR20 in der Schublade landen und zwar zu Recht. Ich bezahle gerne für ein Produkt was vom Preis und Service her passt, doch Geld verschenken für Luftnummern ein NOGO !

Beste Grüsse

Guido

• Swathi Techm Swathi Techm
     / 

Magnetic field

• Dog007 Dog007
    ✭✭✭  / 

Zur Zeit sind folgende Updates vorhanden: Sicherheitsupdate 05.03.2022 / Google Play Systemupdate 01. Mai 2022🙊

• floresi floresi
     / 

I bought this one and still not getting updates atlas fusd

• user1529883076460 user1529883076460
    ✭✭✭  / 

Google Play System updates that require a reboot become available at the end of the month for that month. This is for the project Mainline components. The phone update that Nokia provides should be available early in that month for that month.

Google officially release the patches in two groups, on the first and fifth of the month. Nikita gets this info earlier. The first of the month applies to all devices, the fifth of the month is more specific.

If Nokia had a base OS, with all phones on the same base build, it would be very much easier due them to keep devices up to date.

✭✭  / 

Haha😁😁. No security updates yet but glad to see Nokia have updated the My Device app. It says "Love it, trust it, keep it". Hilarious😀😁😀😁😀

• Dog007 Dog007
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hello together after a long time here again in the dreamland of the HMD Nokia Empire, where the fantasies are free to enjoy only those of the manufacturer and their executive floor, of course. Well what should I say that the Nokia G21 is an excellent standard smartphone with full -bodied promises, compliance with which has so far failed miserably.

I have 2 of them and a T20 that I like, works with WLAN+WIFI flawlessly and ok for the price.

But what annoys me again are large -gauge update promises whose reach is very limited is more of a sales - trick without any responsibility, whoever holds the head for it is still open.

Sad is sad that the customer is promised a lot but nothing is kept !!! The update page for the Nokia models has been hanging in the air for a very long time, who is going to sleep all day ???

Sorry but so far Samsung is not without reason and a thousand times better. Samsung Galaxy Xcover 5 I have everything great The A53 is still on my wish list or the new Xcover 6 What is still coming this year, then the XR20 can land in the drawer and rightly so. I like to pay for a product that fits from the price and service, but giving away money for air numbers!

Best regards

Guido

The following updates are currently available: Safety update 05.03.2022 / Google Play System Update 01 May 2022

• Dog007 Dog007
    ✭✭✭  / 

If you believe in miracles or on fantasy descriptions and their content, then buy Nokia smartphones that are always good for surprises and empty words.

Are you a realist and expect what is delivered then switch to Samsung.😉

There are fine differences between promises and deeds, because Nokia cuts miserable.