Security update

when will we receive the monthly updates as promised by Nokia. It's mid-June and my phone is still running Android 11 with the March security patch.

Security update

treguerd treguerd
✭✭  / 

when will we receive the monthly updates as promised by Nokia. It's mid-June and my phone is still running Android 11 with the March security patch. It has now been 3 months since Nokia has provided after-sales service.

Comments

• wraith.octane wraith.octane
    ✭✭  / 

Never 💀

• treguerd treguerd
    ✭✭  / 

yes it's written black on white :

"monthly security" 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• antkoul antkoul
    ✭✭  / 

While this is the third time that I see a red update icon on my nokia 5.4, older and lower-range devices are receiving prompt security updates (nokia 2.2 received may-22 patch on 25/5/2022 and jun-22 patch on 15/6/2022) or they are even already upgraded to android 12 (nokia 2.4 on 16/5/2022). I can't imagine how much worse the support on this phone can get on the second half of its update life.

I don't expect much from nokia at this point, I am leaving this comment for any potential new customer so that he/she can avoid this scam of a manufacturer.

• treguerd treguerd
    ✭✭  / 

I agree with you, waiting 3 months to get a security patch and still a month late. I just got the May update even though I was expecting at least the June one 🙁🤬

• user1519056588724 user1519056588724
    ✭✭✭  / 

I got excited when I saw an update for my phone, but when I saw security update wasn't as excited, still waiting for Android 12 update.