UVC driver support for Nokia T20.

I'm unable to use external video capture devices on the nokia t20 because of lack of uvc drivers. I thought this should be present in the android kernel. Will this be fixed in Android 12?

Comments

• Don't bother responding Nokia. I've found alternate solutions to my problem.

• Ok nice, but you could at least share that alternative idea for other otherwise that topic is pointless and have no value whatsoever 😏 But with some info some day someone can use that too😎

• In my frustration, I disregarded the notion that there might be others who could have benefited from the information, because I didn't think most would be interested in using the device like I do here. And there doesn't seem to be many users on this site. I own a motorola phone and unlike the community here, the forums are bustling with users over there. Motorola support is very responsive, Nokia should learn from their example. But I'll hold myself to better standards than Nokia and help where I can.

I needed the hdmi capture card to work on the tablet so I could use the tablet's screen as a monitor for my gaming consoles. I couldn't get this to happen since the tablet wouldn't detect the capture card due to missing uvc drivers. So I instead turned to streaming apps like psplay and parsec. Those let me play my ps4 and nintendo switch on my tablet's screen with zero lag. The only downsides being parsec requires my laptop as an intermediary device to be hooked up to the console instead, using the capture card and obs studio. But the results are fantastic, both image quality and performance. Psplay is more straightforward and doesn't need anything else to work, but it only works with playstation and has a small fee which is worth it might I add. It goes without saying how grateful I am to the developer of that app. As a whole, any cons can be overlooked and disregarded as minor, because these alternatives serve my use case well, considering nokia won't solve anything by adding the necessary drivers on their device.

• In my frustration, I disregarded the notion that there might be others who could have benefited from the information, because I didn't think most would be interested in using the device like I do here. And there didn't seem to be many users on this site. I own a motorola phone and unlike the community here, the forums are bustling with users over there. Motorola support is very responsive, Nokia should learn from their example. But I'll hold myself to better standards than Nokia and help where I can.

I needed the hdmi capture card to work on the tablet so I could use the tablet's screen as a monitor for my gaming consoles. I couldn't get this to happen since the tablet wouldn't detect the capture card due to missing uvc drivers. So I instead turned to streaming apps like psplay and parsec. Those let me play my ps4 and nintendo switch on my tablet's screen with zero lag. The only downsides being parsec requires my laptop as an intermediary device to be hooked up to the console instead, using the capture card and obs studio. But the results are fantastic, both image quality and performance wise. Psplay is more straightforward and doesn't need anything else to work, but it's only for playstation and comes with a small fee, although one that is worth for what it does. As a whole, any cons can disregarded as minor as these alternatives serve my use case well, and nokia won't solve anything by adding drivers.

• TheManOfMuscle
    edited September 18

Comment deleted.

• In my frustration, I disregarded the notion that there might be others who could have benefited from the information, because I didn't think most would be interested in using the device like I do here. And there didn't seem to be many users on this site. I own a motorola phone and unlike the community here, the forums are bustling with users over there. Motorola support is very responsive, Nokia should learn from their example. But I'll hold myself to better standards than Nokia and help where I can.

I needed the hdmi capture card to work on the tablet so I could use the tablet's screen as a monitor for my gaming consoles. I couldn't get this to happen since the tablet wouldn't detect the capture card due to missing uvc drivers. So I instead turned to streaming apps like psplay and parsec. Those let me play my ps4 and nintendo switch on my tablet's screen with zero lag. The only downsides being parsec requires my laptop as an intermediary device to be hooked up to the console instead, using the capture card and obs studio. But the results are fantastic, both image quality and performance wise. Psplay is more straightforward and doesn't need anything else to work, but it's only for playstation and comes with a small fee, although one which is worth for what it does. As a whole, any cons can disregarded as minor as these alternatives serve my use case well, seeing how nokia won't solve anything by providing even basic android updates, much less add drivers to their device.

• singhnsk
    singhnsk Super User

Thank you, @TheManOfMuscle