Nokia X20 charging issues major ones!

Ive had the x20 for 4-5 months a great phone no problems, then it started to do weird things, Ok so when I leave it charge, it gets too 100% and then the phone turns off , now ive not seen it happen myself, but when i pick the phone up it is dead, press the power button like normal, nothing press combination of buttons nothing.

Nokia X20 charging issues major ones!

Adrian Gregg Adrian Gregg
✭✭  / 

Ive had the x20 for 4-5 months a great phone no problems, then it started to do weird things, Ok so when I leave it charge, it gets too 100% and then the phone turns off , now ive not seen it happen myself, but when i pick the phone up it is dead, press the power button like normal, nothing press combination of buttons nothing. What does work is if you hold the power button for a couple of mins, it flashes then after another 30 seconds of black it comes on. My question is, is this a hardware issue, as I have warranty. and I'm sure this is not expected behavior

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Although very inconvenient, you can try performing a factory reset to see if that helps eliminate the problem.

I am quite skeptical about Noki Support reproducing this issue when you send the device for warranty repair. They'll likely send it back as "no fault found". The only luck will be if it happens everytime - making it easy to reproduce.

• abecedario abecedario
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 1

Probably you have the same issue introduced with the last software version released one week ago, look at here:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/65704/security-updates#latest

• hannimari savola hannimari savola
    ✭✭  / 

I have exactly the same problem, just recently started. Could it be an issue with the Android update, as the problem started after this?

• Scott Lexium Scott Lexium
    ✭✭  / 

Possibly check back if you installed any update before this started else be very sure you are using the prescribed assesories for it. There is a particular wired earpiece when I plug it into my Nokia device my phone restarts.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I had an instance of dead XR20 yesterday as well. And it wasn't even connected to charger. The phone would not even recognize the charger.

And when I force restarted it using the key combination, the phone started with 30% battery.

• infinidim infinidim
    ✭✭  / 

My wife has exactly the same issue with her phone. I have changed the charging cable, the wall charger and cleaned the charging port but none of these has fixed the issue. This all started after she got the June security patch for Android 12. It does look like HMD Nokia has introduced a bug in the latest monthly security patch.

• I’ll cross the X20 off my list of replacements for my Nokia 5.3….

It reconfirms my growing belief that HMD is a lost cause…

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

So far I've encountered this to only Nokia X10 but Nokia X20 is fine.

This happens only if I use slow charger. Let me try for some days with fast charger but definitely this is a major bug which need to be rectified ASAP.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

So finally yesterday even with fast charger my Nokia X10 switched off while on charge and missed some important calls.

I've done a hard reset and now need to see what happens.

Very much irritating.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hard reset will not fix it though. You'll constantly see it happen at random times.

• juuk juuk
    ✭✭  / 

Might be related to Google Play failing to update a system app. I see Google Play starts auto updating when the device is charging and it has gathered a huge list of Google apps which can't update. One of those seems to trigger a reboot when it tries to install