September security patch update

Is anybody got the September security patch update in any country to Nokia 6.1 ???

September security patch update

Tagore M Tagore M
 /  edited September 26

Is anybody got the September security patch update in any country to Nokia 6.1 ???

Comments

• Jim in PA Jim in PA
     /  edited September 16

Not yet. If you use history as a guide it should be released in about 2 weeks.

• Auki Auki
    ✭✭  /  edited September 22
    Expect it from 18th to 26th ...as always even pie update expect it to be last on Nokia 6.1 2018,,good hardware worst optimization and update track record !
  • Musiyyab ali Musiyyab ali
     /  edited September 16
    Same here in Pakistan. Not new update of September
  • Tagore M Tagore M
     /  edited September 22
    Nokia 6.1 has Low priority than oldest and youngest device's.
  • wizzard wizzard
    ✭✭  /  edited September 25
    Exactly older device get update faster than Nokia 6.1 maybe they are working too optimize a update and we get more bugs and no fix for a camera^ And then someone says it's all fixed and working well.
  • saradhi saradhi
     /  edited September 22
    Month is coming to end but there is no information september security patch by HMD
  • rrr rrr
     /  edited September 22
    Nokia 6.1 is one the best phone but hardware and software coordination is poor. when i on camera, screen shows much better quality but when shooting photo and video quality is very poor. phone looks good and many functions are add
  • Hope nokia don't changed its design.
  • The Nokia 6.2, 6 (2019), or whatever the replacement is called, probably won't have a notch. In reality it isn't really needed apart from boasting about screen real estate, however for user experience very little is gained. If you look at the top and bottom of the display there is a reasonable amount of frame. If they extended the display downwards to the bottom of the phone, the width slightly also, and moved the earpiece to the very top of the phone with a redesign, along with the sensors, the screen can also be extended upwards. It would leave a narrow bezel and you could get the now desired 18:9 ratio without making the phone to much bigger. This ratio benefits most use apart from watching videos and maybe a few other things.
  • Yups...usually we get from 15th of month onwards.but this time delayed considerably leaving behind lots of issues. One cannot expect such issues with basic functionalities. Dont know when we are going to get pie update as well.
  • wizzard wizzard
    ✭✭  /  edited September 23
    It seems they just see how messy is and broken a optimisation on this poor Nokia 6.1 and now they don't know how to fix it
  • Full Android 9 update requires a new vendor layer, so gaming everything updated may help. However I think there will still be the excuse. Like I said previously, if they do things right monthly security updates could be distributed to all devices at the same time. You can also run Android 9.0, on an Android 8.0 or Android 8.1 vendor layer, but it would be sucky if they don't do the full upgrade.
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  /  edited September 24
    We'll get it by the end of the month, buggy or optimised, otherwise they break the Android One promise.
    Buying this device was a huge mistake.
  • Shin Shin
     /  edited September 24
    Is it possible that the delay might be caused by android pie?
  • It may Android pie that will be delivered by skipping September update. Because previously Nokia 6.1 receive every new change first like Nokia Camera and ARcore. I am hoping that should be done.
  • wizzard wizzard
    ✭✭  / 
    Lets hope 樂
  • Iamsj Iamsj
     / 
    It's gona d end of September still no sign of security update .. if pie update is the reason for delay it's some what ok but this much delay n nothing to rejoice .. nokia is not keeping up the promise of Android one...
  • Iamsj Iamsj
     / 
    No brother .. Still no sign
  • wizzard wizzard
    ✭✭  /  edited September 25
    It seems we reached the end of support :P No more security and OS update :D
  • It is available in Pakistan TA-1043
  • Iamsj Iamsj
     / 
    Guys in just few days october will arrive 4 more days .. they should av waited for it n deliver October update too
  • Callegrafi Callegrafi
     /  edited September 26

September patch arrived in Sweden for TA-1043

• abcd123456 abcd123456
     /  edited September 26

Has anyone accepted the September update and confirmed that there are no issues with it?  (Don't want to go through the pain of  the May update and 3 months of random reboots again)

• Iamsj Iamsj
     / 
    Did september update not facing any issues till now got update today ... It's just usual security update not any system update
  • browser235 browser235
     /  edited September 26

Same here in Austria, got today a 81 MB Google Security Update.

Like with August update (end of august) the freezing and restarting problems seem to disappeared for the moment. But I think they will come back (like last month). If that is the case, I will send the phone to the support.

• browser235 browser235
     /  edited September 26

I received the
    SEP Security update today. It also seems that the freezing and restarting problems are gone... for the moment like last month. I guess they will come back. So far I have to wait what will happen.

If the update does not improve the phone and solve the problems, I will send it to the nokia support as they told me to do. I will attach a long mail with the whole support chat history.

• wizzard wizzard
    ✭✭  /  edited September 26
    Camera still not fixed Yay i am soo happy
  • I've never used stock camera because i use another application named Open camera.
    You make me curious, What problems are with Nokia camera?
    Nokia 6.1 here.
    System update is here in Romania but i am afraid to install 
  • wizzard wizzard
    ✭✭  / 
    Update works fine only a stock camera still no fix for frezzing and lagging and not saving a picture randomly
  • Musiyyab ALI Musiyyab ALI
     /  edited September 26
    I got a nokia camera update 90.9. is there any improvement in that app.
Prev1