Issues with September Security Patch

Everything started with the device updates in the beginning of this year. I usually update the device (considering logically that improvements are comming).

Issues with September Security Patch

Everything started with the device updates in the beginning of this year. I usually update the device (considering logically that improvements are comming). On previous update the phone got working fine again the this September Security Patch got my device stupid again...
After this update a little surprise... Phone got stuck on Nokia Logo.
Then problems since the very update returned.

Adding all the problems I am facing:

1) Whenever headphone / earbuds are plugged; phone will boot into safe mode.
2) Volume automatically decreases with headphones / earbuds plugged.
The information window will also stay in the way, until jack is removed.
3) Camera force close when opening from lock screen.
4) Camera not showing Flash option.
5) SD Card not receiving files from pc after being copied.
6) SD Card not displaying copied Items at all. But they are there (This time tried to copy directly to the SD Card, them put the card Back into the Phone)...
7) Strava GPS Location is Impossible. It won't record completely or stop a couple minutes after. (This is due to Android firmware issues).

I just wish I could go back to factory firmware or previous patch. Everything was just fine... Now crappy again..
Really disappointed...
Nokia support can't do a thing (or don't want to).
But someone could publish the damn stock (oficial) firmware so I can use my device properly! Even a older Android version compatible with this Nokia Model would be wiser and nicer.

Please advise.

Best regards;

Comments

• Eic Eic
     /  edited October 2018
    Firstly I'm going to say that you're not alone with Nokia bull..... Customer support is something beyond of English vocabulary to explain.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-5/how-to/guide-how-to-downgrade-official-oreo-to-t3746007
    You can downgrade to Nougat. Read all the comments to find out how to stay with it (as soon as you're back to nougat you'll be prompted to install Oreo without "I don't wanna" option, so read comments how to disable that)
  • Eic Eic
     /  edited October 2018
    Basically Google "Downgrade from official Oreo to nougat Nokia 5".
    You'll find something. I wanted to post a link, moderators didn't allow me to (funny how they do not even allow to help others with horrible devices that they represent).