Battery drain and excess data use

conreb01
conreb01 ✭✭
edited March 14 in Nokia X30 5G

This morning my Nokia x30 had run flat over night. When it turned on (plugged in to a charger) I received a data usage warning. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Further to this......

I have had a second incident of huge data usage.

Today (24th) while I was on a voice call using the standard phone app, my data warning flashed up. As I was on the call, I watched my phone using 100MB of data every few seconds. In the space of a couple of minutes my phone had sent several GB of data somewhere. None of my apps are reporting this usage on my phone. Please can anyone suggest what might have happened?

• Try booting in safe mode (press and hold the power off icon) to see if it's a third party app.

• Battery drain and excess data use on a device can be caused by various factors such as:

1. Background apps: Background apps can consume a lot of battery and data by constantly running in the background and using network resources. You can manage background apps by closing them or restricting their access to network resources.
    2. High display brightness: High display brightness can drain battery life quickly, especially on devices with large screens. You can adjust the display brightness to a lower level to conserve battery life.
    3. Push notifications: Push notifications can use up battery life and data by constantly checking for new notifications. You can manage push notifications by disabling them for certain apps or reducing their frequency.
    4. Network coverage: Poor network coverage can cause your device to constantly search for a signal, which can lead to excess battery drain and data use. You can check your network coverage and switch to a stronger network if possible.
    5. Rogue apps: Some apps may have bugs or malicious code that can cause excessive battery drain and data use. You can identify rogue apps by checking their battery and data usage in the device's settings and uninstalling or updating them.
    6. Location services: Location services can use up battery life and data by constantly tracking your location. You can manage location services by disabling them for certain apps or reducing their frequency.