Front glass quality is very poor

I have bought Nokia 6.1 plus js 3 days ago via Flipkart.As per your assurance you provide this mobile with gorilla glass front screen but all your commetments are fussy.Today morning this mobile very slightly hit against the wall and still was in my hand ,it neither fell off nor hit so hard still after that its glass broke at that instance.

Front glass quality is very poor

user1536304021832 user1536304021832
 /  edited November 13
I have bought Nokia 6.1 plus js 3 days ago via Flipkart.As per your assurance you provide this mobile with gorilla glass front screen but all your commetments are fussy.Today morning this mobile very slightly hit against the wall and still was in my hand ,it neither fell off nor hit so hard still after that its glass broke at that instance.
So basically you making us fool with saying"we came with this ..that..phone ka baap".you are still nothing.It is my mistake to make believe you.

Comments

• user1535135984517 user1535135984517
     /  edited October 25

Hello,

Same thing was happened with me.

Back glass was broken at one edge while the phone just slipped from 1 inch and hit the floor very veryy lightly.

Very delicate phone, really making us fool by saying both the sides are protected with gorilla galss.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 6

I feel sorry for you. But you have just assumed too much. A phone display is glass and every glass is fragile. All smartphones use a similar touch glass setup.

Gorilla glass is just a slightly toughened and scratch resistant glass. It is still a glass and is prone to breaking if it gets hit against another hard object.

• user1536304021832 user1536304021832
     /  edited September 19
    But the hit was very slight.I know every glass is prone to breaking but it should not be so fragile.I think you come again in market for going back again.
    I don't know how to you deal with such sort of topic even you don't give satisfactory assurance
  • I know you wouldn't take any action,So how much I have to pay for assembling new glass because screen is still working very well .
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 17

I am a Nokia user like you, not a Nokia employee. I have a Nokia 7, with glass on both sides. Been using it for over an year now and it is still perfectly fine.

The impact that appears minor to you might not be minor for the glass. Anyhow, Nokia (or any other company) will not help you with this. You need to visit a Nokia care point to know the cost of a replacement display. It will be a pricey component though and will cost you approximately 50% of your phone's value.

The touch and display are fused together and come as a single unit. So, even if your display works, the entire display assembly will be replaced. This is the same for most of the modern smartphones. Unofficial repair shops can sometimes manage to replace the glass only, but that is on your own risk.

• Totally in agreement with user1536304021832, I saw multiple scratches within 1 week of use(cautious, new phone is always cared for couple of weeks). I raised this issue with Nokia customer care and got reply as - it scratch resistant not scratch proof. I have used MI note 4 and it screen is far better than Nokia 6.1 plus in term of durability.

• harpreet1104 harpreet1104
    ✭✭  /  edited September 20
    Rajesh paul Mi note 4 hasn't released yet.....where you purchased.....
  • xraftarx xraftarx
     /  edited October 17
    Indeed the glass is of poor quality. Those who are giving gyan will find out sooner than later. Most of us are or have been nokia's fan but that doesn't mean we should defend something that is indefensible. Mine broke from mere 1 feet low at most (it happened while i changing my jeans and the phone just slipped out of my jeans pocket). I have other phones that have survived 6-8 times that height. Besides you can also find people complaining about the back glass as well. I'm not here seeking any compensation. Its something that should reported so that others owner of this handset ensure extreme care for this rediculously fragile device.
  • user1535892683073 user1535892683073
     /  edited October 5

Gorilla glass is for scratch protection for for breakage protection. Get a tempered glass. this is a standard for any mobile. My friend had iphone x and it also fell and broke. 1L rupee phone. how can we expect 16k phone will not break.

• subir subir
     /  edited September 20
    Still I am having Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) model, glass metal sandwich design. Using for more than 2 years. Didn't broke. Now having this amazing Nokia 6.1 Plus, no problem.
    Was having Mi A1, glass broken, it was Gorilla. So to conclude, any phone from any manufacturer who is providing Gorilla will certainly break if it falls in a particular degree. Nothing to blame Nokia.
  • Anurag Sachan Anurag Sachan
     /  edited October 27
    How much I have to pay approx to replace the gorilla glass of my phone nokia.1? Is it available in nokia service center? Can I get it done from outside mobile centers.
  • user1534927393864 user1534927393864
     /  edited September 23
    I have also having same problem mobile slept from my hand and found crack at the bottom of phone. I asked how it cost me to repair. Still no reply.
  • user1523005102549 user1523005102549
     /  edited September 30
    I agree that glass quality with Nokia 6.1 plus is very poor. Mine front glass cracked by mere small light weight plastic bottle failing from less than 1ft. My previous mi4i phone last for four year without cover even after my baby thrown it so many times.
    HMD is compromising with build quality to compete with Chinese.
  • I dropped it on the first day. I put it on a pile of paper on my desk, it actually slipped off my desk and broke the glass. You must use a case for this phone to prevent it from slipping and protect the glass in case it drops.
  • JEET JEET
     / 
    my Nokia 6.1 Plus has broken down.(phone ka bap tut gaya) poor quality.
    Hoow to replace it
  • @harpreet1104, just Google it... released in 2016

• harpreet1104 harpreet1104
    ✭✭  / 
    Rajesh Paul there is lots difference between Redmi note 4 & Mi 4, & Mi 4 hasn't released yet.
  • Shivam Mittal Shivam Mittal
     /  edited October 22

same with me , phone just fall from 1 feet, display broken glass broken, i went to nokia care , they said it will cost rs 8500/-

• Meri Meri
     / 
    May I know how much does it cost to replace the broken gorilla glass for Nokia 6.1 plusb(in India). ?Mine is also broken within a month and as suggested I too don't use any tempered glass.
  •  

i brought new nokia 6.1 plus phone 2 days back. i phone fall dwn 1ft height. slide glass was broken. as per product description mention this phone have a gorilla glass protection. no mean what quality nokia provide us. we brought nokia due to build quality, i think nokia playing with our felling. 

nokia pay money for give best quality review to youtub channel. 

• my nikia 6.1 plus also slipped from 2 feet height,but it managed to survive with any protection (on third day,24 sept),it depends todays we using almost 6 inch screen phones,at this size gorilla glass is less effective(4 inch Gorilla glass is more durable than 6 inch gorilla glass display) and also notch display are more fragile due to less bezels,so be carefull,its not nokia fault,its phone design fault
  • Yogesh Yogesh
     /  edited October 22

I have purchased this phone on the first day of the sale i.e, 30th August and received it on 2nd October and its screen broked on 10th of Oct, since then i have not used this phone because the cost of the screen is 9500. seriously who will bear this much of cost for the screen when the quality of the product is too low. Even mi is also giving a warranty of the screen for one year at a nominal cost. I was a big fan of nokia, i have used so many phones of nokia specially N72. I have used that phone for 7 years and i am still having that phone just for memory. I was very much excited to get back to nokia but i made a huge mistake. Please make your phones lil bit tough as they were used to be. Highly disappointed with the product. Worst customer service seriously.

• SATYA SATYA
     / 
    My nokia 6.1(4/64GB) phone broke.I am sorry to say that nokia front gorilla glass is very poor.nokia team should concentrate on this issues.
    www.facebook.com/akamritesh39142
  • Bhati007 Bhati007
     / 
    Same thing was happened with me.

Back glass was broken at one edge while the phone just slipped from 1 inch and hit the floor very veryy lightly.
  • Bhati007 Bhati007
     / 
    What is price of nokia 6.1 plus screen replacement

• Yogesh Yogesh
     /  edited October 25
    Company will replace the whole folder at cost of 9500, but only glass was broken in my case i got replaced my glass yesterday at the cost of 1400 from outsider
  • front glass or black glass,and from where you got your phone repaired
  • Hello, @Nokia @HMD #Nokia6.1Plus

I've been facing lots of trouble from day one i bought from Nokia Website, and it was unfortunate that i lost my front screen due to minor hit in floor. there were no gorilla glass protected in Nokia 6.1 Plus as we all facing same issue day by day. I spoke with lots of Customer Care, got a call from some head dept from Nokia as i raised this issue in social media regarding my 15 days old mobile, but did not find any single solution. instead I've submitted my device to Kolkata Mobicare Service center and they asked me to pay for 8450 including GST but in today's evening i got a call they did mentioned that it will cost around Rs 9703 for touchpad and subbar i don't know exactly what it is. but they are charging this. Extremely disappointed with service. There was a time when Nokia was known for the service & now they are just focus on their products, new launch,and generating revenue instead of service.

Prev1