Echo issue on Nokia 6.1 while on speaker mode.

While on call on speaker mode other user is receiving their own voice. Can some one help in solving this?

Echo issue on Nokia 6.1 while on speaker mode.

user1537899654611 user1537899654611
✭✭  /  edited November 2018
While on call on speaker mode other user is receiving their own voice. Can some one help in solving this?

Comments

• Neena Sood Neena Sood
    ✭✭  / 
    i am facing the same issue
  • Same issue echo at the receiver end..how to fix it???
  • Pilo Pilo
    ✭✭  / 

I got the same problem. All people I talk to (all of them, no exception) is saying that they are hearing echo.

Please help.

• tri huynh tri huynh
    ✭✭  / 

I'm also facing the same issue with my device,

Please help us to resolve it, Nokia Team

• somadhar somadhar
    ✭✭  / 
    Yea, facing the same issue.
  • Srikanthv27 Srikanthv27
    ✭✭  / 
    Any solution to solve this problem..
  • Eugénie Eugénie
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue with calls via internet (messengers like WhatsApp, Skype...). I sent the phone to the service 2 times already - still no solution. I've just sent it back for the 3rd time, but don't think it will help. 
  • Alex662 Alex662
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm having the same issue when on speaker phone. Internet based or 4g calls while on speaker phone. When off speaker there is no issue
  • Zihar Zihar
    ✭✭  / 
    That is not a problem with nokia. Actually thats not an issue. As we turn on speaker we hear our own voice.
  • rychastings rychastings
     / 
    I am having a problem too with voice echo when using speaker phone during google hangouts or google duo

> @Zihar said:
    > That is not a problem with nokia. Actually thats not an issue. As we turn on speaker we hear our own voice.

uhh thats not normal. phones are supposed to be able to deal with that otherwise no one would have functional speakerphones.....
  • Eugénie Eugénie
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia service center changed my speakerphone twice. It didn't help. The last big update which apparently solved the wi-fi issue didn't solve the echo problem. I asked for the phone exchange at the official site. My application was taken into consideration, still no answer after a month...
  • Ilham Akbari Ilham Akbari
    ✭✭  / 
    It's the same across all stock android devices I guess. I had a Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 and it was able to utilize the noise cancelling mic as the primary mic when doing loudspeaker calls. But when I switched the rom to LineageOS, it uses the bottom mic when doing loudspeaker calls.
  • I am also having this issue as of May 9, 2019 on my Nokia 6.1. The person on the other end hears an echo of themselves during video chat, even at the quietest volume.

After speaking with support, they recommended rebooting the device. Echos still exist.
    They also recommended going into recovery mode and running the graphics test. Echos still exist.
    They also recommended a factory reset which I did a few weeks ago, and that didn't fix the echos.

Currently on Android 9, Security patch level April 1, 2019. This seems to be a software issue, as I experience the problem only with video chat apps (Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, Skype) but not with regular phone calls.

Other details:
    Kernel version
    5.5.153-perf+
    #1 Wed Apr 10 19:32:44 CST 2019
    Build number
    00WW_3_51F_SP01

Nokia devs - we need a fix to this issue!