When is Android pie for Nokia 8 going be released?

user1520047915786 user1520047915786
 /  edited November 9

Comments

• chotuoo7 chotuoo7
     /  edited November 8

is nokia 8 get android P update

• pradeep pradeep
     / 
    I'm waiting fr it. 7plus is listed....
  • gelemannen gelemannen
     / 

Nokia 8 will get Android P when it is ready, but I don´t think we will get beta, it is 7 plus that will get the Android P beta this time.

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

@gelemannen I suspect the Nokia 8 will get a beta of Android P but via Nokia beta labs rather than Google.

• user1517736736022 user1517736736022
     /  edited November 11
    When Nokia 8 get android p
    Model no 1004
  • revanmj revanmj
     / 

If Google releases source of a final version in August like in case of Oreo, we will most likely get it in December (and a beta month earlier). At least this was the case with Oreo.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  /  edited November 8
    I think Nokia 8 have Physical capacitive buttons, and in android p phone is accessible through onscreen keys by gesture support so Maybe Nokia 8 lacks in gesture support
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Official @Nokiamobile Twitter account says
    Hi, the Android Pie is currently available for the Nokia 3, 5, 6 and 8, roll-out will be phased as usual to secure quality delivery. U can check out the tweet on Nokia mobile Twitter account
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 14

and if you read the replays you will see the Tweet was in actual fact wrong.

• appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Maybe, am not from Nokia
    Just a user, I have pasted their tweet only here
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 27

It hasn't even entered public beta yet so a couple of months at least i'd say.

• nobody knows i think
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  / 

So far, there is no stable update for Nokia 7 plus, so it will not be so soon.

• May be end of October beta update start
  • November 2018
  • Hello all ,
    Just wanted to know if android P is on cards for nokia 8
    ✭✭✭  / 

Sometime in November is the latest I've heard.

• marcel sichitiu marcel sichitiu
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 1
    Does anyone know of a date (day) when we should expect the update on our 8? I couldn't find details for when the rollout begins
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've contacted their stor suport through the Nokia support app and they didn't specify a date. Only told me that many of their colleagues are also waiting for the update... Considering that almost all previous updates came on the 17th of the month, I guess that's a rough estimate for the November update too, although I very much hope for an earlier date, to be able to return the device if issues aren't solved. Fingers crossed!
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Outside of "November 2018" no one knows.

@MrBelter There won't be a beta for the Nokia 8 so we can thank those people with the mid range 7.1 if we get a bug filled update!!?!
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 7
    Well hopefully the mid-range users would have been the beta testers so we could receive some extra bug fixes, if HMD actually listens and cares for bug reports. I also hope that they worked on more than just some tuning on low-light photo post-processing; for example the camera app stability and the abysmal (read: missing) macro-shot mode, even though the camera app has the option.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

@Terminusaquo my beta comment was based on the last 2 OS releases for the Nokia 8, although it was speculation i have yet to see any official news saying there will or will not be a beta for the Nokia 8.

✭✭✭  / 
    @MrBelter Well given that the public release is supposed to be November and we are already in November I would say that there won't be a beta for the Nokia 8.
  • Leo Wong Leo Wong
     / 
    Nokia 8 is a flagship model, I expect it will be the 1st one to have Android P officially.

Is there any schedule ?
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

gesture support is optional unless you own a pixel 3

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

30 days in November mate, there is still time for a 3 week Beta when a full release.

Probably wont happen but i wouldn't rule anything out knowing Nokia.

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

Then a full release not when, if only this forum had an edit function.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    Who said it is default, it is optional yes, unwanted replies belter
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

And yet it was fine for you to say that gesture support may well be lacking on the Nokia 8 because of the capacitive buttons.

How very hypocritical of you Imchandu03 to come back with such a post when at no point previous to my "unwanted replies" in this thread have you said that gesture support is optional.

• siwe siwe
     /  edited November 9
    MrBelter, those on screen buttons, won't be a problem for us, Nokia 8? Or maybe is it why we haven't gotten the Android P up to now? I'm worried we might miss the update due to our keys not being on the screen. Shed some light, if any available for us Nokia 8 owners.