Network and Phone calls problem after factory reset - Android 8.1

Hi, I think the subject is pretty clear, but here is more details Why the factory reset (may be not important)

Network and Phone calls problem after factory reset - Android 8.1

Hi,

I think the subject is pretty clear, but here is more details

Why the factory reset (may be not important)

After calculator was unable to upgrade (error code into Google Play Store, not always the same, 907 today, it tries to download 3 times in a few time and then the error appears), I decided to save all my useful data, extract and format the SD card from a computer (diskpart -> clean, no more partition or filesystem, like shred or dd if=dev/zero on Linux), placed back the SD card, removed the SIM card, and call a factory reset

First actions after factory reset (may be important for testing the issue)

At the startup asking me about language, etc, I didn't connected to any WiFi network and the SIM card wasn't inserted : I've activated the SD card into Internal encrypted storage extension, and only after, then, I added the SIM card for 4G connection, and Play Store login, updates, and all downloads of my favorites apps (hoping that every apps will go to the SD card before going to the 16GB internal storage).

The problems :

My application were downloading and installing one by one, but after some while, they became all pending, waiting, as if 4G network was not really connected, and nothing was moving forward.

I've tried to disable/enable back the 4G data connection, Play Store said me that I was offline, then online, but no Download was starting.

I restarted the phone and the problem disappeared.

After some while, I had no network anymore : as if every network around me disappeared. I enabled the WiFi and WiFi was working. I restarted the phone and the problem about network carrier disappeared.

After some while, I had no network anymore, again. So I decided to put the phone in "3G only" and network reappeared. Gone back into 4G prefered mode and it worked. Don't know what happened.

But now, when I'm in 4G mode with data enabled, phone calls doesn't work (phones tries to fall back in 3G+, but fails the call). If I go into 3G only mode, but data still enabled, it still fails. If I disable data connection, it succeeds.

I restarted the phone and the problem disappeared.

Am I sure that there is something wrong ?

Yes, factory reset was only 5 hours ago and I had more network bugs and restarts into these few hours, than cumulated in the past few month. So I think that something wrong with network appears after a factory reset on september's Android 8.1 update.

I guess some teams should try to do the same to see if the issue can be reproduced, then understood, then corrected. It should be easy to reproduce, and I hope I gave all details that can be used to be in the exact same situation !