Remove at a glance and Google at dock widgets

After updating to Android pie , I feel that a non-pixel device should have the option of atleast removing the at a glance and search bar at the dock widgets .

Remove at a glance and Google at dock widgets

user1532170834035 user1532170834035
 /  edited November 7
After updating to Android pie , I feel that a non-pixel device should have the option of atleast removing the at a glance and search bar at the dock widgets . Eventhough there are launchers available to customize , I want customisation in the stock launcher .

Comments

• sherlock sherlock
     /  edited September 28

It's very annoying for me as well.I started to use Microsoft Launcher only cause of this.

• dani8982 dani8982
     / 
    I also hate this inability to move or remove these things from home screen. I don't want or need them. If I wanted the rigidity of an apple product, I'd buy one. I don't want to download another launcher, I don't need to waste memory on that when the stock one should allow it. I have already given feedback through help iny phone, but wanted to add to the comments here as well.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 7
    Disabling google app removes at a glance widget from home screen.
  • tpamparo tpamparo
     / 
    vibhor said:
    Disabling google app removes at a glance widget from home screen.
    Thanks for this. But i also use Google app quite well (slide homescreen to open google app as my news source based on my interests). Disabling it would not really be an option for me. Hopefully there would roll out option to customise fully At a glance and google search bar widgets including removal on homescreen on future builds.