Proximity sensor

After the android p update the proximity sensor seems to remain always on.The light is visible even under sunlight.Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Proximity sensor

user1538183481702 user1538183481702
 /  edited October 20
After the android p update the proximity sensor seems to remain always on.The light is visible even under sunlight.Is anyone else facing the same issue?

Comments

• Yes, same problem, don't know if is it needed! Also the screenshot editor is not as same as the pixels one.
  • nileonine nileonine
     /  edited September 29
    I just noticed that when you turn off adaptive brightness the proximity sensor stops. Dont know if this is normal.
  • Me too facing the same problem with proximity sensor. It is not working after some days of pie update i guess the thing is creating some problem
  • aniket thakur aniket thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I turned off the adaptive brightness & it improved my battery life. I think there is a software bug in adaptive brightness.
  • Proximity sensor stops and function only when the device is restarted. It has happened for four to six times now.  Any solution regarding this problem?
  • munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Mina also same after android pie update. Still not solved. Only way is to restart but it is not possible to restart everytime.  May ne. it s Nokia 6.1. TA 1089. I think its a pie bug.
  • اكتب تعليقكi have the same problem
  • r8805 r8805
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Right after pie update facing this issue.

adaptive brightness is off but facing this issue.

Proximity sensor not working sometimes.
    Reboot fixed the issue but its annoying
  • aniket thakur aniket thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    r8805 said:
    Right after pie update facing this issue.

adaptive brightness is off but facing this issue.

Proximity sensor not working sometimes.
    Reboot fixed the issue but its annoying
    November update has fixed that.