No updates

Why aren't Nokia 5.1 mobiles getting proper updates? my security patch is of aug version and android is 8.0 oreo.

No updates

Srikar Kulkarni Srikar Kulkarni
 /  edited October 30

Why aren't Nokia 5.1 mobiles getting proper updates? my security patch is of aug version and android is 8.0 oreo. why arent they getting updated while other mbolies are getting it?

Comments

• user1509445273356 user1509445273356
    ✭✭  /  edited September 30
    August? You're lucky, my one stuck in July. What's your country/carrier?
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm also stuck on August update, I have asked both the support and on Twitter but no answer about September update or Oreo 8.1.
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here, stuck on August with 8.0
    Even the 3.1 got September and 8.1 but 5.1 is still stuck on a previous build.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    You guys are lucky, am strucked on July update. Why it is taking so long to release the updates. Is it due to mediatek processor used in this mobile.
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  / 
    MediaTek shouldn't be the problem.
    All other devices have received constant updates.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    You are on July or aug patch ? Which country or carrier ????
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  / 
    August patch, India on Airtel.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    Then why am not getting update man. Still on July patch. Do you think my phone will directly go to September update now when released.
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭  / 
    It's a reason but definitely not the main reason, N3.1 also has mediatek processor and it received both Oreo 8.1 and September security patch last week. I think the reason for the late updates is that HMD is releasing to many phone's in a short period of time, so they are having a hard time fulfilling there promise of fast updates.
  • Srikar Kulkarni Srikar Kulkarni
     /  edited September 30
    I think the direct update will be pie
  • kishore kishore
    ✭✭  /  edited September 30
    I seriously have no idea.
    I own a 6.1, 5.1 and a 3.1 and HMD has delivered nothing but disappointment on all three of these devices.
    The phones are rigged with bugs and the updates are delayed and usually come with additional bugs.
    The moderator here and support is a joke, it's just the waiting game with these people now.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    I can understand that but why am not getting Aug patch when it is already released. Is it that the update is not live anymore.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    Any update about monthly secruity patch ??????
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2
    HMD is totally ignoring my questions about monthly updates on social media.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    Same here man, let's take on them. What is your twitter handle.
     /  edited October 2
    I think aug patch is not live any more .. and moreover I got aug patch in the first week of September .. so there's nothing to do rather than to wait
  • notiz notiz
    ✭✭  / 
    AmitRox my Twitter is @Notiz_this
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    When I bought my phone it was on June patch. I got notification for Aug update but after downloading it failed to install every time. Then I submitted my phone to service centre they returned it back with July patch only. I can't jump from July patch to September patch directly, have to install August patch first, which is no longer available.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    Are you guys facing heating issue on your Nokia 5.1. Even opening one app makes phone to heat up . The maximum temp as checked from support app is 42. The heating is on area near to camera setup.
     /  edited October 2
    Yeah ... same issues here
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    @Srikar did u do anything about heating.
  • retro64 retro64
     /  edited October 12

European 32gb/3gb dual sim is also still on July patch... Android One was the reason I ordered the phone...

• notiz notiz
    ✭✭  / 
    Retro64 my swedish 32gb/3gb is on August patch, but no updates or answers from hmd after that.
  • AmitRox AmitRox
     / 
    Yes, the only Android one phone lagging behind in updates from Nokia stable.
  • retro64 retro64
     / 

Notiz: I thought the european ones were the same model as they all had the same EAN... I ordered from Italy...

• notiz notiz
    ✭✭  / 
    They should be the same, European model is a ROW release model.
  • romeomike romeomike
     / 

Security Patch 05.10.2018 in Germany installd now

• notiz notiz
    ✭✭  / 
    October Update received in Sweden
  • retro64 retro64
     / 
    Still no update available in Germany with Italian 32/3gb...
  • retro64 retro64
     / 

Finally got Oct Security this morning