Lamenting my frustrations...

I currently have four Nokia android phones; I spent hours upon hours deciding which model I wanted when I heard that Nokia had been raised from the dead.

Lamenting my frustrations...

I currently have four Nokia android phones; I spent hours upon hours deciding which model I wanted when I heard that Nokia had been raised from the dead. I wanted the Nokia 3 so badly I ordered it indirectly from Asia since it was never released in the US. I happily used it despite missing about half the bands that my carrier commonly uses.

I was beside myself when the 3.1 finally launched in America and I've adored it ever since. It was like they had designed if specifically for me.. even the dimensions make it more comfortable for me to use than the original Nokia 3 (2017) release.

My point is I haven't fanboy-ed a line of electronic products this hard in ages. If they hadn't gone exclusively Microsoft, I would've been using their products for 18 years straight. Their old candy bar and flip phones were indestructible. I even had one flip phone literally get sucked through a single-stage snowblower.. I found it in my neighbor's flower garden a few days later once the snow began to melt.

With the help of parts from an eBay salvage phone I put the Frankensteined result together and got another year or so of use from it. I probably could've limped along with it for even longer but that's when I got my first Android phone.

It's frustrating to see these phones that I've loved so gleefully get left behind so quickly in terms of support and software updates.

Please, HMD, remember your diehard fans. We're going months without security updates. My Nokia 2 was promised oreo in June.. Apparently that was June 2019. I'm obsessively checking for my 3.1 to receive oreo 8.1. My wife just had to downgrade her camera app on her 6.1 due to bugs. My 3.1 screen randomly shuts off occasionally but thankfully turns right back on again.

Please, please don't forget - in the quest to rapidly release three dozen different models and variations - to fulfill your promise of secure, up to date phones for the customers who've already purchased them from a brand we've loved for nearly two decades.

Thank you.

Comments

• sirgarmaples sirgarmaples
     /  edited November 2018
    They're releasing far too many phones. More than what they can support with updates. Even Samsung provides more timely updates than Nokia for their mid-range phones, though Samsung has more people working for them.
  • Yes, HMD has released almost as many models as Apple has released iPhones. But for Apple it took over ten years to get there. HMD achieved to spam as many models in less than two years.

I'm hoping the Android One program has penalties for manufacturers that fail to meet promises on om