4k video @60fps

I've been a huge fan of Nokia since the dawn of the 3310 and im still sticking to Nokia even though there are other compelling options like OnePlus/Xiaomi/LG.

4k video @60fps

user1538395094783 user1538395094783
 /  edited October 1
I've been a huge fan of Nokia since the dawn of the 3310 and im still sticking to Nokia even though there are other compelling options like OnePlus/Xiaomi/LG.
Ive even paid sort of premium for the Nokia 8 that I had purchased sometime ago and expected a premium phone with premium features. To be honest, I'm not really heartbroken and neither am I enthralled with what Nokia has offered me with their flaglish.
Just a little disappointed to see some screen (screen burning ?) bugs, lack of EIS and the lack of 60fps 4k and full HD video recording which all the Nokia 8's major rivals were packed with.
Really looking for forward to the next big os update and hoping to see these changes.

A sincere Nokia user.
Thank you .

Comments

• Dheeraj Dheeraj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You can do 60fps in full hd.
  • Nope, not with the given camera app.
    If you have a way, please let me know the details.
  • You're aware the Snapdragon 835 can't encode video at 4k60p, right?

Sure, it can do 1080p60, but for whatever reason, a lot of devices doesn't support it, including the Nokia 8.

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

The Nokia 8 supports 1080p at 60fps as can be seen with the Google camera app, it is the HMD camera app that does not support it.

• Hi, SO How Can I record 60FPS in NOKIA 8?
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you don't want to use a gcam port apps such as open camera give you the option to set video recording to 60fps.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    If you don't want to use a gcam port apps such as open camera give you the option to set video recording to 60fps.
    I forgot to add not at 4k though, not unless you want to give your Nokia 8 a brain transplant.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 6
    SD835 does not have ability to record 60fps at 4K, what other camera apps gives us is 1080p60fps as @mrbelter says.

• ignas ignas
    ✭✭  / 
    "lack of EIS"

It actually does have EIS in its current state, but it shouldn't because it's equipped with OIS.