Issue with proximity sensor after pie update.

After updating my device to pie, I noticed that the proximity sensor is always active when the screen is on (one can see a fait red dot near the ear piece when it is active).

Issue with proximity sensor after pie update.

user1524644368402 user1524644368402
 /  edited November 2
After updating my device to pie, I noticed that the proximity sensor is always active when the screen is on (one can see a fait red dot near the ear piece when it is active). I didn't observe it before the update. Please reply if anyone else have the same issue.

Comments

• Same here bro.
    It came after the update.
  • Same problem with the proximity sensor what to do any solution
  • aniket thakur aniket thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you turn off the adaptive brightness it will be not not be always active. Due to I was having more battery drainage in comparison to Oreo. To check whether proximity sensor is working or not see it with the camera of other phone.
  • Turning off the adaptive brightness is not an option because it is really useful. I think android pie's new adaptive brightness uses proximity sensor. Well, that is a terrible excuse for google and it is one of the reasons for faster battery drain.
  • Getting the same problem.
  • I guess the new android is adapting itself to the phone and users usage as I too had the same issue and today all of a sudden the proximity sensor started working very fine. I guess we must wait for some time
  • Proximity sensor working wrongly in my 6.1 plus after pie update.
  • After updating to pie. I had issue with proximity sensor during call, it was not working during call what I have done. I have restarted my device in safe mode for that you have to press power button then hold and press power off. Restart to safe mode pop up will come. Use your device in safe mode for some time then normally restart your device to come back in normal mode.
    My device was working fine for proximity sensor during call after above procedure.
  • I had the same proximity sensor issue during call after updating to pie.
    Issue resolved once I restarted phone.
  • Nokia 6.1 plus proximity sensor not working after pie update .. please sir fix the problem.. 
  • r8805 r8805
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 6.1 plus proximity sensor not working after pie update .. please sir fix the problem.. 
    Please post in nokia 6.1 plus official subforum.
    That will be much more helpful to you 
  • nokia 6.1 plus biggest problem I am facing is proximity sensor issue this was in 8.1 as well as 9.0 ( pie) now, every time I talk on phone my phone goes to mute by accidentally activating it.

So calling is a nightmare for me and I have to check it often to ensure mute is not activated automatically.

Nokia should resolve this issue in their phone.
  • Pawans Pawans
     / 
    Hello Guys 
    Try this
    Got to phone(Calling icon)--> Settings-->(Three dots on top right corner)-->calling accounts-->and enable the last option (never sleep in speaker mode)
    Hope this will fix the issue
    Cheers.

Regards 
    Pawan Sathe