experience with t-mobile?

I have read different things about using t-mobile and the 3310 in US metro areas.  Has anyone had recent experience using t-mobile?

experience with t-mobile?

tc12095 tc12095
 / 

I have read different things about using t-mobile and the 3310 in US metro areas.  Has anyone had recent experience using t-mobile?  I need to only use them at least for next year.  Just need voice-text.  Had a simple lg phone until recently and it worked fine on t-mobile for voice-text.

Comments

• corgan corgan
     / 
    Hey. Not sure if this is too late.

I was on T-Mobile in NYC with the 3310 3G, but I found that I was missing calls left and right. Still not sure if it was the phone or T-Mo's push for 4G. 
  • user1518007950276 user1518007950276
     /  edited November 25
    Hi, I used it with my 3310 3G fine until we moved cross-country to Las Vegas. T-Mobile had shut down whichever 3G band the 3310 needs here in LV (the band that worked with my 3310 in the smaller town before the move). I think it was the HSPA or something like that.

So the 3310 tried to fall back to 2G in LV, but it would never stay connected to the 2G. I ended up using an ancient little Kyocera 3G for a while (the Kyocera had the older 3G band that T-Mo still runs in LV). Now I use the 3310 with a no-contract provider on ATT network (Red Pocket) and it still works fine because they're still running the right 3G band for it.