Notch

September update on my Nokia 6.1 Plus hasn't brought back the option to hide the notch. It's disappointing.

Notch

Bhavin Upadhyay Bhavin Upadhyay
 /  edited October 3
September update on my Nokia 6.1 Plus hasn't brought back the option to hide the notch. It's disappointing. I have had been waiting for the feature since I got this phone.

Comments

• I'm looking for an answer or am I the only one out there who is facing this problem?
  • user1536521779160 user1536521779160
     /  edited October 3
    Its Just A Security Patch Not an Update ,so maybe in coming Days Notch Hide Option Comes Back
  • Oh! If so, why did the August Security Update remove the Notch hiding option? It was also an update I believe!
  • subir subir
     / 
    Because, the users who bought Nokia 6.1 Plus wanted notch, so several users don't want the notch hiding features. Without notch Nokia 6 was already available. Anyways, maybe some FOTA update will get released including that feature.
  • Personally, I think that they are waiting for Android 9 Pie as that will have native support for Notch, including hiding.

i.e our best bet is to hope that Android 9 is shipped ASAP to Nokia 6.1 Plus, so that we can hide the notch using Google Intended mechanism.