Camera processing for a long time.

After the September security update and the new camera app update from playstore, the camera app is hanging everytime I open it.

Camera processing for a long time.

chemigame chemigame
 /  edited October 21
After the September security update and the new camera app update from playstore, the camera app is hanging everytime I open it. A picture I took is still being processed for almost 6 hours! I have screenshots for proof (how to attach here?)
Previous Nokia camera app was also quite bad. Despite having Zeiss optics this phone's camera is a joke. I hope Nokia fixes the camera app and helps customer have a smooth experience. My previous phone MiA1(android one), which has Snapdragon 625 processor gave a very smooth experience with cameras. This phone with 630 processor hangs while opening camera and gets stuck during taking pictures.

Please fix the camera issues as soon as possible.

Thank you

Comments

• rrr rrr
     / 
    same problem i have. i switch mia1 to nokia 6.1 but much problem are here.
  • I'm also facing same problem. I guess many other people who are using same device must be facing the same problem.
  • Islehopper Islehopper
     / 
    After September Update, new camera works fine on my TA-1068 for over 1 week now. Photo, pro mode, video, slow mo, all fine.
  • chemigame chemigame
     / 
    Hi, I am using the 3gb ram and 32gb storage model. I am facing the issues I have mentioned. May be you have a 4gb ram model and the problem has something to do with ram management, I don't know. Hope it is fixed in the next update at least.

Thank you
  • I have same problem in 3gb/32gb model
  • Islehopper Islehopper
     / 

My TA-1068 is 4GB/64GB... no camera problems. 

Maybe storage problem causing the freezing? 

• Stephen Penney Stephen Penney
     /  edited October 11
    Hi, I have this processing issue on my 6.1, turned the Auto HDR off in settings and the problem seems to have gone, hope this helps
  • chemigame chemigame
     / 
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will do that and see if the app is smooth. Still I hope the camera works perfect as such without any user changes after the next update.

Thank you
  • Griffel Griffel
     /  edited October 13

Even with HDR turned off the Probelm appears. It's really annoying and souldn't have happend in the first place.

• munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Same here...
  • cwilli14 cwilli14
     / 
    And now the Nokia camera app is no longer available in the play store. Uninstall updates and wait for a working release.
  • Dafo Dafo
     /  edited October 21

I have the TA-1068 model and I am also having the same issue. The processing notification just stays forever if I don't force stop the camera app. :/

✭✭✭  / 
    My processing camera problem solved by this method suggest by nokia chat support team...

Step 1: Go to settings >> apps and notifications >>
    app info >> camera >> Storage >> clear data >>
    force stop >> done.

Step 2: Go to the settings >> system >> reset >>
    click on reset app preferences >> reset apps.

Step 3: I request you to try to force restart your
    device by pressing power button and volume up key
    button at same time for 20 seconds.

Now my camera is working perfectly. No more processing problem.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Note my camera version is 90.9.1125.10
  • user1539331594868 user1539331594868
     /  edited October 13

I've been in contact with the support directly for the camera issues.

A solution that works for me is the soft reset / whip cache: Hold the power button + volume up bottom until the phone reboots. hold until it goes into a second reboot and then let go. This way it clear the cache.

I'm guessing it's a  ram management + some app that cause this issue. So not only HMD/Nokia is to blame for this. 

• chemigame chemigame
     / 

@munnasharma @user1539331594868

I will follow your suggestions. Will revert back if it works. Thank you
  • chemigame chemigame
     / 
    Tried the previous suggestions, it didn't work. The picture I took few minutes back is still under processing!
  • abhilash ak abhilash ak
     /  edited October 21

hai guis even i am using the same model nokia 6.0(2018) after the september update there are huge lot of bugs in the phone like the camera,suddenly the phone hangs,and i absorved that there is a huge lot of ram usage there is inly ram free of 780mb i dont know y but kindly nokia fix this problem 

• I uninstalled the camera updates and it worked fine
  • After the Pie update, the phone is amazing, no lags nothing :)
  • Holding off on installing Pie... 
    But facing same problem with the camera app..