WiFi issues since September Security Upd

Directly after Separate Sec upd WiFi performance dropped drastically. Resetting router, Nokia 5, and WiFi settings all did not help.

WiFi issues since September Security Upd

Directly after Separate Sec upd WiFi performance dropped drastically. Resetting router, Nokia 5, and WiFi settings all did not help.
All other WiFi devices have no issue, even my wife's Nokia 5 is working (it is on September Sec Update too). Hard reboot only helps, yet only for a few hours...
I have WiFi connection (s) on 2.4 and 5, but at very low speed...

Comments

• jiří granát jiří granát
     /  edited October 2018
    We have probably the some problem.we have october security update. Wifi is very slow and signal strengh is low.
  • I have the same problem after the October security update.. The speed is looks good but the WIFI signal drops both on the 2.4, and the 5Ghz band. And when it drops, it very slow to reconnect. I hope we get an ota fix, because it is so annoying. :(

• Might as well change phones. Nokia is a company, that never fixes problems.

• It' not true... Do you ever have another phone? Which phone manufacturer pushes security patches MONTLY? Each manufacturer supports the phones only a half year.. Except their flagship phones.. There's no security patches and no android version upgrades, no ota fixes... I have a 200$ phone which runs Android 8.1, since one year.. The huawei now pushes the 8.0 :D when the 9.0 released. And the Nokia 1 the budget phone is running Oreo xD.. The problem is that people are unsettled and want everything right away. Nokia is care with their phones, it only takes time.. ( Sorry for my bad english)
  • I appreciate those monthly OTAs as well as Android updates. But the problem is that Nokia technical team is somewhere in a dark room without any internet connection and just work on those updates. They do not interact with users in any way. Problems that arise are problems for good. I've written 10+ feedbacks with deep logs to HMD about phone's problems. None of them were addressed nor fixed. Newest android versions are pushed just for looks (so it would attract people who want constant updates), but those updates do not fix problems that they create. 

Even with those monthly OTAs.. Nokia phones are still one of most vulnerable phones that have newest patches. HMD just skips some patches because it's too much work (or it would take too long. But we do not want that, what will people think when patch will come out later than 10th day of the month?). Google that. 

Maybe they don't treat they high-end phones' users like a pile of faeces, but I've had enough and I know that this phone is the last Nokia phone I've ever had in my life.