Whats going on Nokia, getting updates only for Mid range devices

@NokiaMobile you people forgot older devices like Nokia 8 and being the falgship Nokia8siracco didn't get Android 9 and being Nokia7plus a midranger have…

Whats going on Nokia, getting updates only for Mid range devices

imchandu03 imchandu03
✭✭  /  edited October 4
@NokiaMobile you people forgot older devices like Nokia 8 and being the falgship Nokia8siracco didn't get Android 9 and being Nokia7plus a midranger have updated to Android9 and for Nokia6.1got camera update of live images and much more, but Nokia8 doesn't even have single update.

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 5

The Nokia 8 has received regular updates over the last 12 months and Juho Sarvikas has said Android 9 plus further camera developments are coming to the Nokia 8, what more do you want?

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    I know about security updates,is that's enough to a flagship device, i am not asking any extra features, i am asking what cheaper Nokia devices have like notification glance , camera app, etc, it is been 1year that the Nokia 8 was launched they are still working on to give some small updates still working and i don't want the updates which is yet to come, i want updates which is the cheaper Nokia devices already have from past 6/7months
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

You are expecting features to be added that were never on the phone to
    start with, when a car maker brings out a new car do you expect its
    features to be implemented on the older model?

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

Also to give this a little extra perspective, i have a Moto G5 Plus sat here, it is 18 months old and it is still running Android 7.0, it has not had a single OS update and has had only 3 security patches in its entire life.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  /  edited October 4
    MrBelter, there is difference between hardware and software, i am not asking extra features i am asking the update which last or last month got to Nokia 6.1 and that update includes live images and much more, that is not pre installed feature or that is not promised feature from Nokia but it got that update, also i am not telling that Nokia 8 won't get Android P i am telling that they could have give first preference to flagship device as Samsung,lg, OnePlus etc ,it is like buying mid range phone will have best features and updates in Nokia, that is what i am complaining.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    That is why moto g5 is not an successful device.why cant you compare to onplus instead of moto..
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 4

Apart from the Moto G5 was one of the highest selling phones of last year and the Nokia 8 came absolutely nowhere near it in terms of sales then i guess you are right, it wasn't successful.

If you aren't asking for extra features what is adding "live images and much more"?

The Nokia 8 is a year old and newer handsets will always get priority over older handsets, i suspect once Android 9 is released for the Nokia 8 then that is your lot, it will fall by the wayside.

Our only hope for the Nokia 8 is that HMD can finally sort out the camera app before the phone is put out to pasture.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    But as customer we always need our cellphone is to be on top, i don't know and i don't expect it is 6month old or a year old as i told my friends OnePlus 5 device which is older than Nokia 8got features from oneplus 5t as well as 6 there is no need of comprising with company because we also paid for service as well as device,no one purchase device to use as it is when it got unboxed that too in this generation, company should be one step forward than our expectations
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    If you compare to moto g2 g3 g4 , g5is absolutely waste and not upto the mark
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    Thats what i am telling for that reason this year moto g6 also get flopped, do u know moto g6 is launched? Also it is biggest flop,i have lot other phones to give examples to show how Nokia 8 is lacking , Nokia is good in papers , givin security updates is not only the target.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

It is clear the Moto G5 analogy regarding updates went clean above your head.

If you love OnePlus that much then maybe you should have bought a OnePlus. Given they only release 2 phones a year maybe they have more time on their hands to pander to your specific needs and requirements.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    MrBelter, are you working for Nokia or an customer of Nokia, when you compare Nokia to moto and u said Nokia is better than moto, only for that i gave example of OnePlus,it is not about how much device a company have it is about how they are giving service, if company release lot of phone means does that mean they can provide proper service is that is the reason? If OnePlus have only 2/3device means thats the strategy of the company . Thats doesn't means they can easily give updates. And having lot of devices doesn't mean they can't give updates.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    nd u can gv an example of moto , as same im givn example of oneplus which u cant understand the same, y r u comparing to device which is not proper, u only said it is not getting proper updates then what's the reson for comparing it, are Nokia paying you or what?
  • siwe siwe
     /  edited October 4
    Okay, now this is interesting
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 4

I see both points of view, I'm not concerned about Android Pie yet as it's only in beta on one Nokia device. However, I do have an issue with the glacial pace of camera updates on HMD's forgotten flagship especially when they put updates for the camera out on the Play Store for dual camera mid range devices and even mistakenly release an update for the camera on the Nokia 8, pull and downgrade it then make the Nokia Camera app on the store incompatible. There is absolutely NO reason for doing this as they even released a further update that had fixes for the Nokia 8, even though no one with a Nokia 8 had the version they released by mistake anyway.

Nokia 8, the forgotten flagship!!!!!!

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  /  edited October 5
    Yes Terminusaquo, Nokia 8 is good device but it need some minor updates to make it excellent, when we complain about something, people like MrBelter without knowing anything make our topics useless, Nokia 7plus has already got an Android 9 , and yesterday at event in London they said this month they are giving updates for nokia6.1 Nd 6.1plus and they said after that we give it for 8series , i am not in urgent to get update, my question is i have paid more to buy nokia 8 than other Nokia 6 series devices, how come they serve those device first and in better way, as you said Nokia 8 got wrong camera update which was not built for Nokia 8 and people who updated are facing issues in camera app (you can check same in the forum's) there is no single update form Nokia atleast to make it work fine as before..
  • siwe siwe
     /  edited October 5
    I understand what you're saying, and it's true we deserve better service, because this is flagship, we are supposed to be the first to get updates than the rest of Nokia brand devices. Not huge updates, those minor updates to fix some bugs here and there. And for the Android 9 update, was coming no matter what. So yes I'm with you there.
    Off topic - Nokia going to give us Android 9 next month guys, so yay!
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  /  edited October 5
    Thankyou siwe,cheers 
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 5

@Imchandu03 the Moto / Nokia comparison was in relation to updates only and not who was the best manufacturer which for some bizarre reason you seem to have turned it in to. If you remember rightly you said the Nokia 8 had not been getting updates, i gave information regarding a popular handset that after 18 months was still on its launch OS to highlight what getting no updates means.

You clearly have a warped agenda of your own when it comes to Nokia and their update policy and you have changed your opinions even against what you yourself have posted to suit your own rather flawed arguments.

As they say patience is a virtue, November is fine by me, i don't feel hard done by because newer models are getting it a few weeks before the OAP that is the Nokia 8 and i certainly don't feel like i need to have a public outburst just because my "flagship" isn't getting an update first.

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

Imchandu03

Yes Terminusaquo, Nokia 8 is good device but it need some minor updates
    to make it excellent, when we complain about something, people like
    MrBelter without knowing anything make our topics useless, Nokia 7plus
    has already got an Android 9.

This is because the Nokia 7 Plus was invited to be a part of the Android 9 beta program by Google.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    MrBelter,read my topic again, read completely i didn't ment security updates there i clearly stated that Android p for 7plus and motion picture updates for 6.1plus ,your taking my topic wrongly, if 7plus is invited by Google means ok, then now we need update before other mid range like 6.1 and 6.1plus , u said they are recent devices so they are getting update , do u think Nokia 8 siraco is 25year old? You only said about moto updates regarding security updates, do you think giving security updates is only enough for the device, even i can until December for Android 9 even more ,if they didn't give update earlier means ofcourse everyone should wait man u cant break the HMD and you can't get official update , my topic is why mid rangers first, and as i said in last reply the camera update which is rolled out accidentally which caused issues for Nokia 8, they just pulled it back, expect that did they give any updates unless they said wait for Android 9 to get camera update, what customers have to do who are affected did they announced troubleshooting in forum or anywhere? According to u giving security updates is only required for the device,
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    When u pick the topic of moto, if u have a right to pick the moto topic means ofcourse i have right to turn it to my example man, u cant even understand, thats why i am asking are you getting paid from Nokia? Because as you are speaking now we have to accept what you have example as moto, but u can't accept what i said as moto and OnePlus,
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    This is place to speak what i want about my device ok, it is not just because my flagship isn't getting update first, i am not MrBelter to keep quiet and hold bucket for Nokia, i am complaining what i feel this is the flatform i have as much as u have, you don't even know the basic sense of forum's, thats y i am asking u again and again are you from Nokia?, Because i have seen in other topics too ,you almost spoke against the customer complaints that too without knowing anything. Just some basic stuffs about moto g5 updates..lol
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    I can't show a movie in a trailer, u are getting my complete opinion after discussing more and more, i cant type 20pages on single topic and i am not changing my opinion as what i posted, you sit calm and read again, AS U SAID " gave information regarding a popular handset that after 18 months was still on its launch OS to highlight what getting no updates means." Even yesterday i told you the same man, why your are taking comparison of a device which is inappropriate, you are only saying it is not getting updates then why are you taking that comparison man, why can't you take Oneplus? If i say take OnePlus as example, yesterday u said ,'that u r in love with OnePlus device'.. like that, lol.if u can moto as example why can't i take oneplus which is giving good updates and features through updates,think which is good and have computation, you are comparing urself to some cheap device and feeling like current one is good, your not thinking about devices which is better than Nokia.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 5

Thankfully i am entitled to an opinion just as you are, the only difference seems to be i don't require multiple posts to backtrack and to try to explain myself.

Keep digging that hole my friend, it is only getting deeper.

• user1512184697340 user1512184697340
    ✭✭✭  / 

I completely agree with @Imchandu03... definitely we all need to think about this, why flagship customers getting late?.... It's been more then 1 year since their never fix bugs in camera department...2 times juho sarvikas fooled us, now he recently said he fix in Android pie.... You are right Imchandu03 just getting security updates is not enough... They're lot of things need to look inside... While belter is the person who mostly go against to our concern maybe he completely satisfied what he Invested with Nokia 8..... My self I buyed it 37,000rs not happy as all.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes Belter , atleast i am doing something which i feel what's wrong and what's right, i am not sitting simply and trying to satisfy my self, i am just taking a chance to complain something which is really odd
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 5
    said 2 minutes ago
    I completely agree with @Imchandu03... definitely we all need to think about this, why flagship customers getting late?.... It's been more then 1 year since their never fix bugs in camera department...2 times juho sarvikas fooled us, now he recently said he fix in Android pie.... You are right Imchandu03 just getting security updates is not enough... They're lot of things need to look inside... While belter is the person who mostly go against to our concern maybe he completely satisfied what he Invested with Nokia 8..... My self I buyed it 37,000rs not happy as all.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭  / 
    I will dig, won't give up, because giving up wl nvr get u treasure, thanks for your suggestion
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 5
    Yeah right dude, every time I will ask sarvikas about this issue in Twitter, people thinking I'm against to Nokia brand but infact I'm asking them to fix the things nice... My Twitter name Vicky...
Prev1