a review

I've used it since the release date in UK and I must say I am quite disappointed, this was quite an expensive phone for what it is.

a review

gnotagnelf gnotagnelf
 /  edited October 2018

I've used it since the release date in UK and I must say I am quite disappointed, this was quite an expensive phone for what it is. I am close to returning it and getting something more reliable. Few points below on my main concerns:

• unable to block numbers
  • cheap plastic that scratches and blemishes easy
  • easy to scratch screen 
  • keypad uncomfortable to use
  • no update on whatsapp
  • cannot silence the 'swoosh' sound when sending a text
  • adverts on the weather app
  • pre-installed games that cannot be removed
  • messenger sometimes shows just a number instead of a contact name

Comments

• FuriousJoe FuriousJoe
    ✭✭  / 

I hear you - I too am staring to regret my purchase. The user experience has just not been considered. Why didn't they look at the old Symbian Nokia's and borrow some of the basic functionality?

I've had my phone for a few weeks now and it has reset the date and time twice - both times back to 1st November 2017 and two hours in front.

• Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am a little disappointed as well. So many things unfinished. All that has been mentioned plus unable to add words to the dictionary. Sometimes I have to reselect predictive input yet I was using it on the previous text. I wish I had bought the Nokia 1 for my work phone. If I don't get Whatsapp soon I might get rid.
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 

I anticipated many shortcomings because it just came out in production and like all new products have a teething period which KaiOS Technologies themselves set a target date at the end of 2018, failing which, I too might be looking for a replacement next year.

• Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Agree. I wull probably switch to a Nokia 1 for my secondary phone. I need WhatsApp messenger.
  • Jannis Jannis
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 2018

I would not switch to the Nokia 1 if you need it for the Whatsapp messenger. While it is 1000 times better than the Nokia 8110, it has many problems with the notifications of new messages. Just google the new Nokia Android phones and the Eventwell-software.