Nokia announces Android 9.0 Pie for its entire line-up

During the Nokia 7.1 launch event today HMD also briefly touched the topic of Android Pie update release for other Nokia smartphones.

Nokia announces Android 9.0 Pie for its entire line-up

Appu Mali Appu Mali
✭✭✭  / 
During the Nokia 7.1 launch event today HMD also briefly touched the topic of Android Pie update release for other Nokia smartphones. Great news for Nokia 6.1, 6.1 Plus and prospective 7.1 buyers as they will get Android Pie update in the month of October. Nokia 8 and Nokia 8 Sirocco owners will get the Pie update in November it seems. Other Nokia Android smartphones will taste Android Pie but HMD failed to announce a release timeline for them.

Comments

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

ENTIRE lineup? what about the previous models???

• Yes, entire lineup will get Android 9, Nokia 5 was planned to get it Q1 2019. Or at least that's what they said...
  • LincolnGTX LincolnGTX
     /  edited October 2018
    But Oreo update is still buggy, leaving the phone slow and laggy ever since updated to Oreo, managed to speed it up with some Android system tricks but it's not really the solution, hoping Android 9 will be faster and snappier.
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭✭  / 

Do you really think that new system will resolve NOKIA 5 problems? I've reached my limit! Just now, i want to do something with my phone and CAN'T!!!

I'm being punished for not listening to my friends that bought a Xiaomi :\\\

• I sure hope so... What I did few days ago and sped up my phone significantly is next :first you enable developer settings in Settings /system/about phone and tap 10 times on build number. Next, you go to developer settings and turn animations to 0.5x or even off, then you enable GPU rendering as well as hardware tethering. Limit your processes to 4, restart and my phone is much much faster in any task given. Everything is much quicker now and I don't even notice that animations are off, I generally don't care, it's much more important that the phone is not slow anymore. Even the Antutu benchmark gives better score after these changes. Try it, you have nothing to lose.