Bug List - Stable Android 9 Pie

Hi All, I know there are several bugs we all are facing currently on the stable build. However they are all scattered in different threads.

Bug List - Stable Android 9 Pie

ehsaanbhati ehsaanbhati
 /  edited October 31

Hi All,

I know there are several bugs we all are facing currently on the stable build. However they are all scattered in different threads. There may be other thread where this bugs may have already listed. If is it so please let me know I will add my list on that thread and delete this duplicate thread.

If not we can continue post the bug over here with detailed steps and behavior. Also if anyone who has steps to rectify those bugs they can please post there solutions which can help all of us.

So below are the bugs that I am facing on my Nokia 7 plus,

1. Battery Charging - After the upgrade i found it is taking 6-7 seconds for the handset to detect it has been connected to charge.But after 2 days or so I observed my handset is not charging with the official adapter and cable. It shows charging but not a single count increased in 40 minutes or so. I tried with a different adapter, it was getting charged but it took around 3 hours or so to get fully charge. But next day it was charging with the secondary adapter too.

What I observe is, i have to restart my handset each time before I connect it for charging. And this is what I am following from last 3-4 days.

2. Finger Unlock: There is subsequent delay in unlocking the phone with Fingerprint scanner.

3. Camera quality: The pictures taken from primary camera with Live Bokeh mode are worst than it were before the upgrade.

4. Quick Charging: This is again related to charging. I suspect with the update the quick charge support has been removed.

5. Standby Battery life: It is now consuming around 10-14% of battery life in standby of 6 hours with Wifi, Mobile-data and Bluetooth on. It never took more than 6-7% with same settings on Oreo build.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround for above issues please post them.
Is there any bug others are facing please list them.

Thank you.

Comments

• Tejas01 Tejas01
     /  edited October 6

Quick charging still works for me.

Battery life has deteriorated. 

I have not yet tested the battery problem.

A solution as suggested by one of the users to improve battery is to disable adaptive brightness. The battery life improves marginally.

• Adaptive brightness is already off. Still it sucks. I am planning to complete factory reset. May be it will help me.

• antony francis antony francis
    ✭✭  / 
    It is always advisable to do a factory reset after a major software update.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I did a hard reset before installing pie. The upgrade install was done on a factory reset phone. I am not facing any of the above issues.
  • @Antony - Agreed with your point. And so I have decided to factory reset my device. Once done I will use it for couple of days and see if the issues dissappear.
  • Tejas01 Tejas01
     / 
    While I did do a hard reset post installation of pie update, apart from poor battery backup I am not facing any of the above mentioned problems.
  • mohan reddy mohan reddy
    ✭✭  /  edited October 6

Am I the only one here with none of the above mentioned problems? I don't have any issues with this build, my battery performance is great, at par, if not better, with the Oreo build, quick charge working, camera too is great and finger unlock is crispier than before. I didn't even do a factory reset after the update just I rebooted the phone a couple of times. So, why am I not having any of these issues, I wonder. I bought it in July only, is this somehow linked to the experience? 

• user1513198044248 user1513198044248
     /  edited October 6
    Here the same as @Mohan Reddy Pappireddy,.
    I have install manual the pie, with download to my root and installed with phone number call.
    Come from the Netherlands with a TA 1046.
    Everything works good and have no problem.
    I am happy with the 9, it works better (smoother) as the beta on my phone.,, Bluetooth, aptx, brightnes and so much more ;)
  • Its really great to hear that there are very few people or would say no one else is facing the same issues as me. Assuggested by few members, I have performed factory reset. Will observe for next few days, hoping everything will be good.
    Peace
  • @user1513198044248 - I tried installing with the phone dialer, it said file not found.
    By root directory you mean outside the download folder ?
  • gurubai gurubai
     / 
    OTG not detected in this update. Previous update OTG was worked flawlessly
  • userarpan userarpan
     / 
    The lock sound doesn't work for sometimes and the charging issue happened to me..
  • Kalesh Kalesh
     /  edited October 13
    I just updated my phone yesterday. Honestly saying, Oreo had much better UX.

1) My lock screen message shows up only when I restart the phone. Once it is unlocked after restart, it disappears and not shown afterwards.

2) Notification bar doesn't show the date. It is so annoying that I have to go to home to see the date.

3) Battery backup has decreased. I expect it to increase gradually as pie learns my usage and adapt to it.

Anyone facing the above issue? Any help is appreciated.
  • Kalesh Kalesh
     / 
    About date not showing up on notification. On a full screen I was able to see it and the bug was mainly due to date font color. It is black all the time. That's why I am not able to see it. On dark theme, I am able to see it. But when it is in auto or light theme, the date is invisible.

I hope this gets fixed on next update.
  • charging issue for me and a lot of bugs I have found

• My best advice do a factory reset and reinstall the apps.
    Mine is working fine mind you had to get the update from XDA since Nokia are being so slow over it
  • After taking into consideration of all the suggestions from the fellow community members, I performed Factory reset.

Most of the issues are gone away. Below are few observations:

Battery Charging - It is now getting charged correctly with all chargers.

Finger Unlock - Better than it was before

Camera quality - It is capturing good shots under light conditions. Low light pictures are not good. The Live Bokeh made seems to be not working for primary Camera.

Quick Charging - Speed improved than before. But I still doubt if its quick charging

Standby Battery life - It is the only thing that is greatly improved. Standby battery over night is now ~5%

SOT - 4 Hrs 40 mins

Regarding the other comments from members, few additional observation

OTG - It is working fine with my Handset. The detected disk is not shown in default Files Go App. You should use ES File explorer or other similar app from playstore to check it. Personally I am using ES File explorer and it detects the OTG PD very well.

Date not showing up on notification - As already pointed out by @Kalesh, it is mainly due to the Font color. It should change the color with theme. Hope this is resolved with next update.

I would personally recommend to Factory reset once after the upgrade.

Cheers Everyone !!

Note: Taking backup of all the data before Resetting/Formatting is highly recommended.

✭✭  / 

For me, battery backup was not an issue. I'll share the screenshots of my battery usage below. I should probably mention that, of the 73 apps on my phone 28 are on Restricted Battery Usage list (in the adaptive battery tab), so this would not be an ideal battery usage metric. The only bugs I could recreate/observe in my device are the ones mentioned by @Kalesh. I wouldn't find any new bugs because I don't use my phone much, just to take calls, check Instagram and Whatsapp. 

✭✭  / 

So, this is something I found out, the flash in the camera app is not available. It was available when the update was first installed and for a few days after that but now it is unavailable. It might disabled after some people complained about it not being the dual-tone flash anymore. Does anyone else facing the issue?

• Fast charging is not working perfectly. It's took much more time than usual fast cherging. And sometimes Media is heard through ear piece not the speaker after insertion of headphone
  • vahtmestar vahtmestar
     / 
    Got update today here on Finland.i Have problem with dpi settings. Statusbar won't change size If i change screen size to small.
  • What is with us not being able to remove the search bar from the screen anymore? Is this a "feature" of Pie or is there still a way to get rid of it? I know. Many like it, but I still think it should be up to the user to decide whether to have it visible or not. Earlier it has been a widget that is possible to move and remove.
  • Overview Selection feature not work.
    Any suggestion
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @ehsaanbhati
    Looks like you have some kind of firmware issue or could be with the SUB board. The above mentioned issues 1 and 4 could not be software issue. Please check with the customer support.
    The camera bokeh issue could be a software problem as you said.
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭  / 
    gurubai said:
    OTG not detected in this update. Previous update OTG was worked flawlessly
    Works fine on mine.
  • mrtn mrtn
     / 
    Nokia 7 Plus Pie OTA update has introduced two major problems: every 20-24 hours the bottom sixth of the screen becomes unresponsive. Reboot fixes immediately and it stays that way until the next 20-24h cycle.

The other issue is a Chrome related bug - When the screen turns off due to timeout and Chrome is in foreground, now when turning on the screen, the Chrome window is completely black. The navigation buttons and top bar are there, but the contents are black. Putting Chrome in the background and restoring it would fix the issue for that moment.

Both issues appeared right after Pie update. Phone has never been dropped or gotten wet and I haven't performed a factory reset. Tech support suggested a cache cleaning reboot with Arrow Up and Power which did not help.
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It is always advisable to do a factory reset after a major software update.
    Hi Antony,
    That doesn't work.
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 

For me, battery backup was not an issue. I'll share the screenshots of my battery usage below. I should probably mention that, of the 73 apps on my phone 28 are on Restricted Battery Usage list (in the adaptive battery tab), so this would not be an ideal battery usage metric. The only bugs I could recreate/observe in my device are the ones mentioned by @Kalesh. I wouldn't find any new bugs because I don't use my phone much, just to take calls, check Instagram and Whatsapp. 

Check here

Please have a look over the issues of #Nokia7plus . Users Of #Nokia7plus are waiting for these updates. 
    Link:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look/p1
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 21
    For those are facing slow fingerprint issue... Deleting previous fingerprint record & re-register will work.

And for a good battery back up... Turn off heptic feedback vibration & other unnecessary vibrations. .turn off ambient display "lift to check phone off". And turn on adaptive brightness without manually adjusting the bar. Block apps to use background battery juice.

Still issue ....it's not only U .  Better wait for fix. 
  • vinayak vinayak
     / 
    Hi all..

I have found an issue with the touch display. Is that when I use my device countiously my screen frezee and I have to lock and unlock my device to make it work smoothly. This happens everyday and everytime. 

After talking with Nokia care they suggested me to do a factory reset. But it didnt helped me with the issue that I am facing. I know this the software bug. Whenever my sceen freezes I have to lock it unlock. 

I hope Google and Nokia together find the solution of this issue.
Prev1