SEPTEMBER SECURITY PATCH IS NOT INSTALLING

The September Security patch is downloading but it is not installing on my Nokia 6.1 Plus.

SEPTEMBER SECURITY PATCH IS NOT INSTALLING

Farhan Farhan
 /  edited October 18

The September Security patch is downloading but it is not installing on my Nokia 6.1 Plus.

Here's the pic : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zka8AueCIDnz-XBt_nMK1-cOe2tfsGZ_/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• Did you try to install it through cellular network or wifi?
  • iamkfi iamkfi
     / 
    I have the same problem. May be its custom global rom which is not letting us installed update
  • Dans Dans
     /  edited October 24
    Are u using NOKIA X6 TA- 1099
    00WW_2_50A?
    If yes same problem here,

Looking for solution....
  • Farhan Farhan
     /  edited October 18

Yes I am using Nokia 6.1 Plus Android One version smartphone and I tried to install it via WiFi. (Speed is 50 Mbps) but it is not installing. Anyone else facing this issue??

• Farhan Farhan
     / 

Please someone help. 

• iamkfi iamkfi
     /  edited October 18
    I have exactly the same NOKIA X6 TA- 1099 00WW_2_50A, I contact with customer agent through Nokia support app. They told me it's custom Chinese global ROM which is not allow me to install update on my device. I will not be able to install any future update in this phone. Agent told me to go to nearest customer service center to install Global rom. Otherwise it's not possible to solve. However in my country Bangladesh Nokia care asking 2900BDT to install this International Global ROM. And it's too much expensive. I really don't know why Nokia introduce three ROM in a market. Which created confusion. It should be Chinese Rom and global ROM.
  • whodunit whodunit
     /  edited October 10

Hello all!

We are sorry that you are facing issues with the September Security Patch!

Can u please clarify the following:

1. The TA Code of your device (Under Settings -System - About Phone)

2. The region where you got this phone

Regards

Whodunit

• Dans Dans
     /  edited October 9
    Here you go,
    1. TA Code : TA - 1099, Build Number : 00WW_2_50A
    2. Region, Im not sure, i buy from marketplace In Indonesia.
    All phone that have TA Code : TA - 1099, Build Number : 00WW_2_50A couldnt update "installation problem"

Please help.
  • iamkfi iamkfi
     /  edited October 9
    TA - 1099, Build Number : 00WW_2_50A , region: probably China, bought it local seller Bangladesh.
    Some people said it's a custom ROM , you can't install update :(
  • iamkfi iamkfi
     / 
    Somebody help please.
  • Farhan Farhan
     / 

My Model Number is TA-1083 and Build Number is 00WW_2_50A. I am using Nokia 6.1 Plus (India) and still the update is not installing. Please help. 

• maxtsm maxtsm
     / 

hello

same issue here, bought international version from gearbest (so location is HKG I guess)

model TA-1099

build 00WW_2_50A

thank you

• Farhan Farhan
     / 
    I have Nokia 6.1 plus (Android One) but still the update is not installing. My other friend who have the same phone got it. Please help. Do any other customers are facing the same issue with Nokia 6.1 Plus?
  • whodunit whodunit
     /  edited October 10

Hello all,

TA-1099 users, please be aware that the device you have is for the Greater China Region HW and the OTA updates are destined for this region only. It is a customised ROM and doesnt follow the same cycle of updates as your region.

user1535920846518, can u please share your IMEI ?

• You need reset your phone
  • maxtsm maxtsm
     / 
    I'm supposed to have bought the international version, should i complain to reseller then ? Is there a way to get and apply official rom on TA-1099 ? Thank you
  • iamkfi iamkfi
     /  edited October 16
    Today I went to Nokia care, they helped me to install Global rom in my device. Now I am free from Custom global rom. And able to installed September update successfully. So I would suggest all of you to go to your nearest Nokia care they might help you to get rid of custom global rom which is causing problem to install updates
  • Farhan Farhan
     / 

Iamkfi , Can you tell me that you are using Nokia 6.1 Plus (Android One) or Nokia X6? 

• maxtsm maxtsm
     / 

• TA-1099 users, please be aware that the device you have is for the Greater China Region HW and the OTA updates are destined for this region only. It is a customised ROM and doesnt follow the same cycle of updates as your region

Hello,

Does it mean we would receive september update (and subsequent like android 9) "someday" ? Or that any OTA could not work when we have this model ? I got an X6 TA-1099 with WW ROM so it does not make sense to link update to a spacific location ?

Thank you for any information...

• Farhan Farhan
     /  edited October 18

***********************************************SOLUTION**********************************************************

Kindly visit your nearest service center and tell them about your problem, they will definitely help you out. I think it's a problem regarding ROM. I got the same problem but the Service Center guys helped me out. 

Thank You.

• Ritzar Ritzar
    ✭✭  / 

If you nave phones, other than China version, delete the cache of the Google play and then retry.

• maxtsm maxtsm
     /  edited October 24
    I'm in Europe. Nearest nokia care center is 5000km away ...
  • iamkfi iamkfi
     / 
    Guys it's all about Rom issue. I had the same issue. So I went to Nokia care they helped me to install Global rom which will get OTA update. If you can't go to Nokia care then you have to try to unlock bootloader of your phone which is risky and harmful for your phone and it's security.
  • maxtsm maxtsm
     / 
    Thanks for your advice

I already have global rom model : build 00WW_2_50A (chinese rom is 00CN)

If the problem is about model (TA-1099) i don't think i can change it !
  • iamkfi iamkfi
     / 
    You don't understand , your phone is running with a global build which is customized. That's why you don't get update . You need to install a global rom which is not customized then your TA-1099 will get update and will able to install it . Yes TA-1099 is for Chinese market , but you can still get update if you change your customized rom
  • maxtsm maxtsm
     /  edited October 16
  • Got the same phone today, im from Portugal, once i startup the configuration , he asked me to update, got the same problem... Someone help?
  • maxtsm can you try it and then tell me if it worked? Please?
  • user1539447686995 user1539447686995
     /  edited November 1
    Based on our discussion we already knew that this problem occurs on device with China version room.

Actually i am from indonesia and bought it not from official distributor of nokia indonesia so i got the china version.

Yesterday i contacted the local nokia support team to tell this problem. And yes the team said the china version has different schedule to launch everything compared with global version so i was asked to wait for september security patch of china version.

While waiting it, i was asked to consult this to nearest nokia care center. You could the nearest care center in this link.

Actually the manual rom changes from china to global version might be harmful if we are not capable with this stuff. Too risky so why dont we try to proper way contacting the official nokia care.

Some of us has asked directly to the nokia care and they can change it to the global version.

For indonesian people here having same problem please wait for my progress. I'll update you in couple of days.

Thank you and keep discussing!
  • Ritzar Ritzar
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

I sincerely doubt that an official Nokia seller will sell Chinese market models outside China mainland.

The 6.1 for china is called X6. 

I would take the device back to the seller and ask for refund or replacement with a global version, if I was you.

Prev1