Caller can't hear me during phone calls

Hi, I got into an issue that my microphone is not working during calls but it's working fine with Google assistant.

Caller can't hear me during phone calls

user1510603503284 user1510603503284
 /  edited November 2018
Hi,
I got into an issue that my microphone is not working during calls but it's working fine with Google assistant. People in the other side couldn't hear me but I can hear them. But this is not an issue anymore at speaker mode or when I am using a headset.

Also the issue is avoidable when I cover the phone with hand and talk during the call or if I directly talk through the microphone by placing the phone horizontally near the mouth.

Is it hardware issue or a software issue?

Any help!

Comments

• freeloader freeloader
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2018

Had similiar problem with my Nokia 8, more info here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000011912

For past few days its working after hard reset, but voice messages are still randomly not-working.

• user1517245558238 user1517245558238
     /  edited October 2018
    Facing the same issue
  • user1534837941421 user1534837941421
     /  edited November 2018
    I am Also having the same Microphone issue while calling and I have Nokia 6.1 plus
  • freeloader freeloader
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2018

what the f.. ? they didnt fixed it new phones ? 

• I am having the same problem, bought nokia x6 6gb yesterday . So frustrated.  F**k Nokia. God blast you

• user1535873508586 user1535873508586
     /  edited October 2018
    I am having the same issue in Nokia 6.1 plus ; what is the use of buying this phone if it is unable to do the basic work that phone has to do
  • hi, even Iam facing the same issue, please help me to get this issue resolved.

This is basic use/functionality of phone and it needs to be fixed by NOKIA ASAP

• Actually there are two mics, the bottom one is primary and the top one is secondary. Often people (including me) have problem with primary mic. Nokia sucks.
  • user1534839147228 user1534839147228
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018

i am also facing same problem, 

• ARUN JAYABALAN ARUN JAYABALAN
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    I'm also facing this issue. Bought 6.1plus 5days back. Most of the time both me and the receiver won't be able to hear what the other is speaking. Tried with both my 2 SIM cards. This issue never happened with my old Moto G3. Made a rqst for a replacement, they instructed some troubleshooting. But prob still exists. Is this a hardware issue or will get sorted in the upcoming updates??
  • user1538074120047 user1538074120047
     /  edited November 2018
    I bought this phone a month ago. I tried so many tricks. Even went to Nokia care and did software update. It worked fine for a day then again started giving same problem. Most of the time other person can not hear me. I thought only my phone has this issue. Can anyone help?
  • I got my Nokia 7.1 this week and I have the same problem, callers dont hear me. Very dissapoint on this. Any help? If not inmediately solution I will send the phone back to the store. thank you

• To everyone with a problem with microphone.
    Just have to clean the blocked hole using a smallpin underneath near chargeable port holes also the back for loudspeaker above the camera to fix the issue
  • I had a same problem with 6.1 plus. I checked with Nokia customer support through the app. I got a reply saying to test the microphone by dialing *#*#372733#*#* after dialing the code I tested primary microphone by making some voice attempts but I got a long beep sound from the speaker, secondly I tested microphone 2, it was working fine. Nokia worst quality check..
  • I am also facing the same issue everytime. If someone calls me or i call someone  after some seconds the person on another side unable to hear my voice
  • Have you tried disabling VoLTE to see if that helps?
  • same issue i have Nokia 6.1 Plus. mic works while recording voice, using Google assistant..  but while on call the person on the other end is not able to hear me 
  • even Android P released they are still not fix it. And, they do nothing
  • I even have the same problem with my Nokia 6.1.i can't hear from the other end unless I turn on my speaker or headphone.its giving me headache and mental issue.ill sue Nokia unless they help me
  • I am also facing  same problem with my Nokia 6.1.my mic is not working when i make calls, but for  video calls there is no issue. Please help me.
  • Facing the same issue in my 6.1 Plus......This is not Good for Nokia
    Fix it ASAP... otherwise REFUND
  • My nokia 7 plus showing mic isssue....plz help
  • Same for me. I can only use the phone to make calls if I am on loudspeaker. This is extremely annoying. If I can't fix it I will have to cgacha my phone and it won't be another Nokia (I've had Nokia phones for over 20 years). Has anyone found a fix?
  • After a couple of weeks trying all the above I've just tried to boot in safe mode in case a rouge app was to blame. It wasn't...I then did the hardware test again for giggles *#*#273733#*#* and ran the mic 2 test (the one that people are having trouble with, and noticed this time that when I blew I could just about hear it being picked up. So I blew really hard about 5 times and it suddenly sprang back in to life! Btw, mic 2 is the one above the cameras 
  • Lilyoung Lilyoung
     / 
    Having a big problems with my Nokia microphone after hardresety nokia 2 please fix
  • It's their manufacturing defect with most of the new models and they need to replace their faulty phone with the new one either they are used for 14 days or 60 days...mine has been swapped after lots of efforts with the concerns...and not replaced.
  • I am facing issue with Nokia 6.1plus the person on other side unable to hear me ...I have visited the customer care center 3 times but still the issue remains the same.THIS COMAPANY IS SUCK
  • darren darren
    ✭✭  / 
    I am Also having the same Microphone issue while calling and I have Nokia 6.1 plus
    I do have same Nokia 6.1 plus and facing the same issue 
  • Facing the same problem with my Nokia 6 ☹️