Security patches

Hello, Okay I'm fine with not getting the Android Pie (9.0) update, but where are the security patches?

Security patches

HakanTk HakanTk
 /  edited October 10
Hello,

Okay I'm fine with not getting the Android Pie (9.0) update, but where are the security patches?

I'm still running on security patch August! I bought this because that it is a Android One phone, but clearly it is not.

Please provide the security patches.
Some other phones already got October!

Regards,

Hakan

Comments

• hello I join HakanTk 100% !!! Like him I have the update of August! It's obsolete! Nokia, where is the security update?
  • random random
     /  edited October 8
    Better a stable secure Oreo than a bad pie.
  • ziel00ny90 ziel00ny90
     /  edited October 10
    Better stable Oreo, but I will not forgive the lack of security patches updates. Currently our Oreo system is abandoned. The androidone policy is dead and it does not make any sense and I believed it would provide support for Pixel from Google. HMD Global and NOKIA do not respect the customer is the way of Microsoft Phone. Regards
  • HakanTk HakanTk
     / 
    Is there no moderator around to give me a answer on just one simple question?

Maybe I was not clear.
    For me Android Pie is not important especially with all of the bugs including. Although that is what I'm reading on this forum.

Please provide us the security patches, like a Android One phone was intended to do.

Regards,

Hakan
  • Utpal Debbarma Utpal Debbarma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Are you from India?....... Indian 7 plus models are getting the pie update with security patch of September......
  • HakanTk HakanTk
     / 
    No I'm from the Netherlands and have the TA-1046. But I don't care about the Android Pie update with all of the bugs. Security patch October is also rolled out on some other phones as we speak.
  • Hi Hakan Tk, Hello everyone, I just spent an hour with nokia support to try to understand the process of deploying a security update under AndoidOne! I was confused between Treble support, AndroidOne and OverTheAir classical update.
  • the advice I received from technicians nokia chat the previous weeks / days do not help me to understand easily, for example: the first support information after having emptied the cache of Google's reading service and launched a softreset that the my advisor said "the distribution of updates depends on your operator" ("I think Treble") then another says "reboot your device without a SIM card before doing an update search" it is not consistent all his !!
  • I come also from the Netherlands with pie.
    TA-1046.
    I'm happy with it... Have no problem with bugs on my phone.
    I have first beta.. now install manually more as week ago stable. Look on Google you found how.
    It is simple to install manually :-)
  • user1538999614156,
    The support on the chat app is a laughing.
    So bad that is sin for Nokia.
    There work no expert :))
    I found Nokia must close this ohat... It is a bad advertisement for Nokia....
  • user1538999614156 user1538999614156
     /  edited October 10
    !! So, after research and a last chat with Nokia chat, I understand that: Yes, the Nokia 7+ supports Treble, but Treble support does not guarantee its use and, apparently, AndroidOne smartphones use a method different distribution! I'm skeptical of what I read on different forums but the cat technician told me "Nokia does not interfere with the process of deploying security updates, they do not even touch the code. Google that fully manages the deployment! No security update goes through their network or their servers (source: chat nokia) ". I also understand that our operators have nothing to do with delays because they are not concerned by AndroidOne (no overlay), they only intervene on device updates with an overlay operator. return the ball nokia gets unloaded on google. What did you think? How to contact google?
  • HakanTk HakanTk
     / 
    I'm not sure about what the "technician" on the chat said to you, because the people who have received Android Pie have the September security patch. The company's like Nokia/Samsung/Huawei and others have to provide the security patches. I will not install Android Pie manually.
  • How can you download Android Pie manual?
  • andypl andypl
     / 

@ziel00ny90

Look at this thread. Download zip for Android 9 Pie and install it from recovery (connect it to power supply restart phone and press volume - and power. Phone should boot into recovery mode).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-plus/development/ota-nokia-7-plus-ota-links-t3818774

• @andypl Is it safe? Is this the same android that I'm waiting for in OTA? Will it still be updated automatically by OTA if I do?

• andypl andypl
     / 

Yes it is safe and this is the same OTA package that people are recieved in EU right now. I installed it manualy last week and it works ok. Got Pie and september security patches.

• I made it manual for TA-1055 Poland and I'm happy. I am waiting for a security patch from October. If I receive normally, I will be satisfied.
  • HakanTk HakanTk
     /  edited October 11
    I will not download it manually, because eventually we will receive it. For me the priority is the security patches.
  • user1538999614156 user1538999614156
     /  edited October 11
    Ditto, no need for Pie, Oreo is more stable for the moment. And as a matter of principle, I paid for a high-performance security service! You pay yourself a luxury weekend and you do the valet and sleep camping! In addition I wiped the plasters with windows mobile, if Nokia / HMD does not keep its promises this 7+ will be the last European smatphone for me and it will end on Ebay.
  • Sam Oi Sam Oi
     / 

It's pretty ridiculous. The worst part is not being able to get a clear answer from support. They sometimes try to pass it off as a carrier issue, other times tell you to update without a sim card, other times just have no clue. My friend has a parallel imported model that has a different model number to mine and it's receiving OTA updates. My TA-1055 that is a New Zealand / Australian model has still only received July security patches... We use the same carrier.

• HakanTk HakanTk
     / 
    I know it's crazy. Why don't we get a answer here on the community? Where is the moderator? I bought the Nokia 7 Plus because I'm nostalgic (I had Nokia's from the beginning). When smartphones were dominating the market I was not fond of the combination Nokia/Microsoft. Normally I buy high end smartphones. But the Nokia 7 Plus poped out like a nice and decent phone. But I still wasn't convinced. Then I saw Android One! Security is one of the most important things in this time. So i bought this product. First we months it was good with the security patches. But now I think and that's my opinion; they are not persistent with they're policy they promised us. Regards Hakan