Battery draining - Page 2

@UsedToBeAFan have you tried using the phone on regular mode instead of battery saver or turn the option off for WiFi searching in WiFi preferences settings

Battery draining

Comments

• Mwongs Mwongs
    ✭✭  / 
    @UsedToBeAFan have you tried using the phone on regular mode instead of battery saver or turn the option off for WiFi searching in WiFi preferences settings
  • nsakq v30 nsakq v30
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Turn off your adaptive brightness, digital wellbeing and adaptive battery..it ll save your lots of juice
  • liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 
    How exactly do you turn off digital wellbeing ??🤔
  • sunjaey99 sunjaey99
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here even after January 1 patch. Now it's draining more battery.
  • anbsakura1997 anbsakura1997
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes. For me too. The battery is draining too fast. I have minimal apps. I don't use much these days. But even after optimizing apps and restricting background usage it's draining so fast. I also noticed degrading speaker quality. Fix these bugs in Feb update.
  • Same issue battery drains out
  • shriram fowkar shriram fowkar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Refer the following thread

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/42755/disabling-evenwell-apps

I did this and at 63% battery juice my SOT is 3 hrs 20 min. Looks like there is lot of improvement. Earlier I used to get on an average 6 hrs SOT. Now with the above stats I might get around 8 hrs SOT. 

Will observe and update this thread.

HTH

• Alabid Alabid
    ✭✭  / 
    anyone had this screen freezing bug?? and the battery is draining too fast... not quite happy with this Pie update...... :')
    ✭✭✭  / 

I did this and at 63% battery juice my SOT is 3 hrs 20 min. Looks like there is lot of improvement. Earlier I used to get on an average 6 hrs SOT. Now with the above stats I might get around 8 hrs SOT. 

HTH

• ahmed elgoily ahmed elgoily
    ✭✭  / 

HTH

👍👍

• Jo Tonxing Jo Tonxing
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem + charging veryveryvery slow,  with my Nokia5.1 plus
    ✭✭✭  / 

HTH

After disabling the evenwell apps I started getting 7-8 hours SOT from existing 5-6 hours. I have got the beta MR installed too.

Yesterday I thought of reverting the changing and check. Now I am back to the 5-6 hours SOT. Currently at 35% juice my SOT is 4 hours 8 min. I have reverted assuming Nokia will rollout the stable MR with Feb patch today or tomorrow. Let's see. :-)
  • sorinb sorinb
    ✭✭  / 
    I also experienced some battery drainage. I bought my Nokia 7 Plus last November and got the Pie update right away. Yet, I noticed the battery drainage during the last weeks (like 5% after 30min since last full charge doing absolutely nothing, no notifications, no browsing etc.). I followed the steps for disabling Evenwell, nothing improved. So, I contacted support via Chat and they said the following:

1) Adaptive Battery (for those models that have it): it is about figuring out which apps you use frequently and keeping those apps in memory, while the apps you don’t use often are purged once you’re finished with them. Put another way, Android Pie can adapt to your usage patterns so that it only spends battery power on the apps Adaptive Battery thinks you’ll need. This process can take a while until the device can adjust to the usage pattern of the individual, so in the beginning the battery life will be worse, but will improve over time.

2) Trying to clear all apps cache: they suggest to follow the instruction as shown at https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Vpkx4kwhEJBf3w1f2KcFpYEBUuaOD1v - if the option "Wipe cache partition" is not shown, then "run graphic test option" should be selected.

I haven't tried the second option yet, but it is on my TODO list.
  • user53825 user53825
    ✭✭  / 
    This is a joke. I get 6-7 screen on time with brightness turned at lowest possible ,almost NO GAMES ,just video playing. Im starting to use my old phone more again just to watch videos only cause im scared to use the nokia one.
    Adaptive battery also keeps turning on. I tried several settings about it , i found online and nothing works. This purchase was a pure mistake and i wont buy any nokia again. I bought this phone 1 month ago... shame
  • nsakq v30 nsakq v30
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I recommend turn off adaptive brightness and adaptive battery... Disable Google app forcefully after clearing all gooogle all related data
  • sravan5227 sravan5227
    ✭✭  / 
    Please sign this petition and share as much as possible

http://chng.it/6KV6S5gQr4
  • sorinb sorinb
    ✭✭  / 
    sorinb said:
    I also experienced some battery drainage. I bought my Nokia 7 Plus last November and got the Pie update right away. Yet, I noticed the battery drainage during the last weeks (like 5% after 30min since last full charge doing absolutely nothing, no notifications, no browsing etc.). I followed the steps for disabling Evenwell, nothing improved. So, I contacted support via Chat and they said the following:

1) Adaptive Battery (for those models that have it): it is about figuring out which apps you use frequently and keeping those apps in memory, while the apps you don’t use often are purged once you’re finished with them. Put another way, Android Pie can adapt to your usage patterns so that it only spends battery power on the apps Adaptive Battery thinks you’ll need. This process can take a while until the device can adjust to the usage pattern of the individual, so in the beginning the battery life will be worse, but will improve over time.

2) Trying to clear all apps cache: they suggest to follow the instruction as shown at https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Vpkx4kwhEJBf3w1f2KcFpYEBUuaOD1v - if the option "Wipe cache partition" is not shown, then "run graphic test option" should be selected.

I haven't tried the second option yet, but it is on my TODO list.
    OK, I tried the second option (I had the "run graphic test option" on the Nokia model), but no improvement.
  • calin.ioan calin.ioan
     / 
    I have a Nokia 3.1 after update package from 1 february (transition android 8.0 to 8.1.0) my battery decreased over the night without use with 10% or more. What's happened? Please fix it!!!! Before this update I can see which process consume more battery and now don't show me anything.
  • Anurag Dixit Anurag Dixit
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here battery is draining very fast after the march security patch update
  • detroid89 detroid89
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here battery is draining very fast after the march security patch update
    I am also experiencing this issue.