gesture navigation is missing

Nokia 7 plus TA 1062; no gesture navigation and double tap to wake after stable PIE update from beta. Using nokia 7+ 1062 ;4GB variant with a custom global roms.

gesture navigation is missing

hkmrayhan hkmrayhan
 /  edited October 13
Nokia 7 plus TA 1062; no gesture navigation and double tap to wake after stable PIE update from beta. Using nokia 7+ 1062 ;4GB variant with a custom global roms. *I looked into the setting and it's not found where it should be. Any informative help is appreciated.

Comments

• srabon srabon
     / 
    I guess its disabled for 1062 version.... Have you got the update manually or OTA?
  • hkmrayhan hkmrayhan
     / 
    sideloaded the stable version. But when i was using the beta, updates came via ota. From the last beta these two features are missing for my device
  • Utpal Debbarma Utpal Debbarma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If you installed any custom... software or sideloaded the Stable version...... without enrolling for the dev. Preview..... then...you might not get OTA updates........(As per my knowledge)(Please feel free to correct me If anything is wrong)
  • random random
     / 
    Setting is called "swipe up on home button” under settings->system->gestures.
  • srabon srabon
     / 
    Hey random, do you have the Chinese variant (Ta-1062) or the hong kong one?
  • hkmrayhan hkmrayhan
     / 
    @Random, I've already said this feature is not found in my device setting (there is no 'swipe up on home button' under my gesture setting). Appreciate your effort though
  • hkmrayhan hkmrayhan
     / 
    @Mr. Utpal, when I got this device it was on Oreo and after connecting to the internet all the updates came via ota atomatically. Then I enrolled to beta following the way Nokia provided. This gesture feature is missing from last beta build. I mean it was there before the last beta update. After last beta I couldn't wait for ota update. So i manually installed it. This is my history. Thanks for your reply
  • restart your device and if it is still missing, try factory reset (a bit harsh but helps most of the times)

• hkmrayhan hkmrayhan
     / 
    @Srabon, used it before. But it is not smooth enough and not so responsive. The feeling Nokia stock gesture gives is at different level comparing to this xda one. Thank you very much. You've been really helpful.
  • random random
     /  edited October 10
    HK TA-1062
    Sorry I misunderstood.
  • user1538396307801 user1538396307801
     /  edited October 10

I tried using the officially available gestures in android 9.0, but I find it... half baked, not quite there with the other gestures. You either have to swipe way up to bring up the app drawer, or swipe twice from the bottom, switching between two recent apps is sluggish and when you bring up recent app it takes a while until you can close them/dismiss them, so I turned the option off in favour of the 3 button layout

• hkmrayhan hkmrayhan
     / 
    @user1538396307801, did those too but no luck found. Thanks for your reply