Nokia 7 Plus Lowest minimum brightness too bright

I just bought Nokia 7 plus a week ago. The unit I have has a Novatek-v07 touch panel firmware version.

Nokia 7 Plus Lowest minimum brightness too bright

user1539182743882 user1539182743882
 /  edited October 10

I just bought Nokia 7 plus a week ago. The unit I have has a Novatek-v07 touch panel firmware version.

It will not dim any more from 16% down to 1%. My screen was very bright in darkness that it is unbearable to use. I tried to go to service center to authorize a replacement or refund but I was told that this is normal and new batches of Nokia 7 Plus that they have are the same.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! THE SCREEN SHOULD NOT BE THIS BRIGHT ESPECIALLY WHEN OLDER UNITS ARE CAPABLE OF DIMMING BELOW 16%

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Comments

• I have the same issue. I contacted Nokia support and they told me it would be updated at a future time. However, the Pie update came and there was no firmware update. It shouldn't be so hard to do given only some models of the phone have the issue. Or find a way we can do it ourselves. I side loaded Pie and it was easy enough so I'd be down with something similar to solve this screen issue.

For now, I use Twilight which is not ideal but at least it's less bright at night for reading.
  • lelia lelia
     / 
    Having the same issue at the moment. I am working around it by using a separate app to add a filter on the screen, but it seems that it doesn't works all the time, especially when popups show on screen.

Also having issues with battery draining too fast, the unwanted high brightness does not help. I'm going to return the phone.
  • aakash aakash
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia has a serious problem of not listening to feedback of users.
    They rarely ask feedback for device and after giving feedback they don't respond to them.
    I don't know what the problem they have.
    Please check out this

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look
  • guym guym
     / 
    I have the TA-1046 model version with 07 Goodix-V1.017.20 and I can dim to 1% where I don't see anything anymore.