Rear camera glass

Can i replace only the rear camera glass? I got some deep scratches on it. Nokia should have used sapphire glass in this section. very much disappointed.

Rear camera glass

naeem naeem
✭✭  /  edited October 2018
Can i replace only the rear camera glass? I got some deep scratches on it. Nokia should have used sapphire glass in this section. very much disappointed.

Comments

• sk-online- sk-online-
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes bro even I got the few scratches and minor lines on rear camera glass I use my phone very carefully but still got the scratches idk how
  • I got phone until May without cover and have no scratches
  • Was a big Nokia evangelist before Android and was very happy to see Nokia 7 plus. I bought the phone a couple of months back. I have the same problem. The glass on the lens cracked and the service centre is insisting on replacing the whole back and is asking for INR 8.5k i.e. 1/3 rd the cost of a new phone. 

I bought the phone specifically for the Camera and its disappointing to see this problem.

I am office worker and the phone is handled as gently as a baby. Can't express on how disappointing it is to see the camera become unusable within 3 months of buying the phone.

Is it possible to go to local repair guy? Can I buy original parts somewhere and get it replaced by my local mobile repair guy ?

• Anyone got their camera lens fixed by now? I've got the same problem. Now I have found protectors, but first I need a new lens
  • most Nokia fans see this as a lame complaint.until we accidentally drop our phones"which we think are very tough" only to realize repairs are  expensive to the point of considering new.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Anyone got their camera lens fixed by now? I've got the same problem. Now I have found protectors, but first I need a new lens
    You'll essentially only find hope at unauthorized repair points. The official ones will only replace the entire back housing which is going to cost a lot. It is a pity that the repair for a broken camera lens is so high. I am interested in knowing how other OEMs are handling it. Do they replace just the lens?
  • Same problem here....my nokia 7 plus camera glass cracked and when i went to nokia care, they told it'll cost around 8k as the whole panel has to he replaced. This is so annoying....u can literally buy a new phone at that price....

• Jaat Jaat
    ✭✭  / 
    Please purchase
    Rs. 746.10 | original Main Rear Back Camera glass lens Ribbon Replacement Repair Part For Nokia 7 Plus TA-1062 TA-1046 TA-1055
  • Has anyone bought from this site https://www.maxbhi.com/full-body-housing-for-nokia-7-plus-black.html am not sure about the authenticity or quality though