Screen Mirroring not possible

I am not able to do screen Mirroring directly to my TV as possible with my old phone. Is connection is possible only with Chromecast?

Screen Mirroring not possible

user794 user794
 /  edited September 2018
I am not able to do screen Mirroring directly to my TV as possible with my old phone. Is connection is possible only with Chromecast?

Comments

• Bozon Bozon
     / 

Здравствуйте. Телевизор с операционной системой Android (от Philips) подключен. С операционной системой Tizen (Samsung) нет. Нексус 5 работает везде. Писал в техническую поддержку компании Nokia.

• Bozon Bozon
     / 

Hello. TV with Android operating system (from Philips) is connected. With the operating system Tizen (Samsung) no. Nexus 5 works everywhere. Wrote to technical support of Nokia.

• user148 user148
     / 
    See on tile editing . There is option of cast
  • No screen mirror option found in Nokia 3 setting
    I meant the function to display my phone screen to smart TV without any WiFi connection
    OtHer Android phone OS are capable doing that.
    Any idea to solve this?
  • Bozon Bozon
     / 
    Hello. Phones Nokia mode Stream connect to TV with Android OS. With other TV do not connect. Screenshots Nokia 5.
    https://yadi.sk/d/qXy1joAv3Mfe96
  • user561 user561
     /  edited June 2018
    Need to work out on screen mirroring option in Nokia 6 phone asap. And need to provide the update on the screen mirroring option. This help to Nokia to maintain their reputation.
  • Have contact Nokia Support about Nokia 3 not having a screen cast feature on phone. Can confirm the Nokia 3 does not support any form of screen cast or mirror casting from phone. Have 3 older budget android phones that i can cast to a smart TV, would not recommend this device

• user1507208628483 user1507208628483
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2017
    Miracast / Screen Mirroring is a feature that Google dropped from android 5.0 onwards in favour of their own Chromecast. This is why casting isn't working for you, most TVs only support Miracast / Screen Mirroring. From what I have read elsewhere though Android is still able to do this, but to enable it requires root as you need to edit a configuration file. Nokia should be able to enable this with a software update. In the meantime their are some apps in the play store which will enable you to cast things to your TV.
  • Francois Francois
     /  edited September 2018

Hello Nokia users

Today, i receive my new Smart phone Nokia 8, it look nice but i did not believe that i can't casting the screen to my Smart TV, i do a little search that bring me here ..

I find that Google had removed MIRACAST ??? 

Unbelievable Samsung S5 can casting to TV & the Nokia 8 can't.

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    There are some methods in this thread which you can try to get it working on your phone: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/22177/solution-to-cast-screen-without-chromecast

According to the Wifi Alliance the Nokia 6 should support Miracast. If HMD have removed Miracast support then the certification should probably be revoked: https://www.wi-fi.org/product-finder-results?sort_by=default&sort_order=desc&categories=4&subcategories=38&capabilities=2&companies=4563600