Nokia 7 plus Front camera sensor 4mp

As checked in Nokia 7 plus front camera sensor showing only 4mp , I have checked all the 3rd party app also sensor apps all showing only 4 MP camera sensor…

Nokia 7 plus Front camera sensor 4mp

Fzs Fzs
 /  edited October 31
As checked in Nokia 7 plus front camera sensor showing only 4mp , I have checked all the 3rd party app also sensor apps all showing only 4 MP camera sensor ...is that issue with callibration or its only 4 MP [email protected] team please help in this issue....

Comments

• user1531930594099 user1531930594099
     /  edited October 31
    Its only a 4 mp sensor not 16mp
  • nokia is fooling their customers maybe
  • Kas Kas
    ✭✭  / 

I think it's a bug or maybe because of that pixel binning technology.. because someone posted in xda forum about the result of a hardware testing app with root access, where in hardware section it says resolution 16mp but in software section 4mp..

link to the post :-> https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77906598&postcount=7

• Aniket Thakur Aniket Thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Other camera app combines 4 pixels into 1 so it's 4mp in gcam and other camera apps. The same happens with xaiomi devices. But the main issue is that the stock camera doesn't do that pixel binning at 4mp resolution.
  • Fzs Fzs
     / 
    Pls check with any hardware test app(ie...sensor hub) it showing only 4mp camera in front ..
  • Aniket Thakur Aniket Thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    That's what I'm saying. Every other 3rd party app does pixel binning.
  • Nemesizz Nemesizz
     / 

first let me say, sorry it suckz when there are 100 of Postings to the same thing.

Mods, are u here?

Now, back to Story

when the N7+ doest what it should do, and what Nokia says, then the original senor must be 16MP.

As i told, thats what PureView does. 4 Pixel to one superpixel. 4*4=16 that superpiseling not what u are telling here.

but there are some Problems.

Nokia says (for me with emaill), Superpixeled Picture is only when u make a 16MP Picture.

So, 16MP is a 16MP Picture for me, it should be 4Mp not 16. 16 can only be if the original Sensor is 16*4 Pixels and, sorry, that issnt the fact (ok 64MP Frontfacing sensor should be cool but we dont have this).

So, the answer from Nokia cant be Right that i get a Superpixel Photo when i use 16MP.

Now lets think the other way (like Windows pohnes).

Maybe i should take a 4MP Pixel becauste that is the Superpixel Picture.

But wait.

16MP = 4:3

4MP=16:9

so, this is also a Problem and not the superpixel Picture.

Somethink is really wrong here.

but i have alot of problemes here.

Maybe, yah Maybe thats an feature that is coming someday, Maybe never, but, it isnt there with the actual camera app.

i dont think that 3rd Party apps are Right here and i dont think that they do this superpixel Job because ist a Spezial Hardware thing+software. why they only Shows 4MP (and dont Forget, 4MP 16:9 and not the full 4:3 MP) , dont know. That Problem was also on Windows phone some time with 3rd Party apps.

sorry for bad english

• Nemesizz Nemesizz
     /  edited October 31

we know that they are Talking About this,

but,

i dont understand how we use this.

16MP 4:3 will be saved as 16MP 4:3 and it is a 4:3 Pictures.

Nokia says (support via email) it only can be used by 16MP Setting in Nokia Cam), that cant be ture because 16MP is 16MP and there is Nothing combined , no Superpixel.

So, there must be a 4MP Setting, but the 4MP Setting is 16:9 and that cant be the superpixel Picture because ist 16:9 not 4:3 and on 16:9 we dont have the full sensor.

So there is a 3MP 4:3 Setting, Maybe this is it but why 3MP?

Nokia Needs to clear this how to set up camera for superpixel photo. 16MP in actual Cam App issnt superpixel and 4MP 16:9 isnt superpixelt.

the answer the give issnt Right with the 16MP Setting.

• frankla frankla
     / 
    Any response from Nokia regarding this camera issue.