Device not supported?

Hi,  I have attempted to use the Hmd app to give me a code to unlock the boot loader, however when it gets to the final step it gives me a Device not supported error message.

Device not supported?

Vonm Vonm
 /  edited November 2018

Hi, 

I have attempted to use the Hmd app to give me a code to unlock the boot loader, however when it gets to the final step it gives me a Device not supported error message. I've seen people facing the same issue but they don't say how they've resolved it. Anyone know?

Comments

• Vonm Vonm
     /  edited October 2018

Sorry, forgot to add, this is a TA-1012 on the latest Oct 2018 security update.

Thanks

• Vonm Vonm
     /  edited October 2018

Am I the only person facing this issue?

• kos kos
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2018

Nope, you are note alone. Me and many other owners have the same issue. Why HMD does not react on it - is unknown.

HMD, Nokia, somebody, anybody!

Official bootloader unlock system does not work with Oktober security patch!

We asked you - you did it - unlock is provided, but not working properly.

Please finish what you have started, make working unlock system!

• kos kos
    ✭✭  / 

I`m sorry for my Eng.

• Vonm Vonm
     /  edited October 2018
  • kos kos

Yes. Analysis is good, but we expect to reaction from the official support but not from the outside. HMD`s maintainers are the only who can solve it.

• kos kos

Still no any comments from HMD side? Atleast promice or any sign that you`ve read it?

• kos kos

UP!

• kos kos

What is going on?! Why are you ignore us? It`s not respectable towards those who brings you money! I demand to solve the problem immediately! I have paid my money for product and support, but not for silence!

• kos kos
    ✭✭  / 

UP!

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 2018
    Please use the chat or email options in the Support app for official support. - And let the forum know how it goes?
  • Vonm Vonm
     /  edited October 2018

Trying chat through the support app now, will let you know how it goes..

• Vonm Vonm
     /  edited October 2018

Hi,

Just got off the chat, they confirmed that the latest security update deactivated boot loader unlock for Nokia 8.

They have escalated the issue and it will be addressed by their android department.

And the solution should come with the next security update.

Let's wait and see...

• user1540467192998 user1540467192998
     /  edited November 2018

HMD bootloader unlocker is now working on my TA-1052 with october security patch!

• user1540467192998 user1540467192998
     /  edited November 2018

HMD bootloader unlocker is now working on my TA-1052 with october security patch!

• kos kos
    ✭✭  / 

Confirmed! Unlock code has been recieved and worked! Thank you!

• How you recieved  unlock code?in my nokia 1053,patch 1 december still mesage device is not support???
  • hmm... trying to run boot loader unlock app crashes on my Nokia 8 every time. December1 2018 security patch.
  • AlexTeo AlexTeo
     /  edited January 22
    Same issue on my TA-1021,i didn't recived the unlock code,anybody some ideas?
  • milenko milenko
     /  edited January 27
    **** nokia,im never again buy it......
  • Kiee79 Kiee79
    ✭✭  / 
    for official unlock bootloader is only nokia 8 can be unlocked the bootloader right now, maybe still in this year another nokia devices can be unlock, about what month, is only nokia and god whose know?! 🤔
  • I sent support email because I can't unlock nokia 8 model TA-1004 and I have android 9 security patch 1. december 2018.
  • user1525940432149 user1525940432149
     /  edited February 13
    android pie totally fu*ked my phone,battery like sh*it dead very soon,BootLoader apk not working onmy phone,fu*k!never buy Nokia!
  • dariush_gh dariush_gh
     /  edited February 17
    Hmd bootloader unlocker wasn't working in 1 January 2019 update patch please fix the problem
    Ta-1004
  • > @dariush_gh said:
    > Hmd bootloader unlocker wasn't working in 1 January 2019 update patch please fix the problem
    Ta-1004

I am also having this issue, I tried with the chat but I did not get a solution.
  • Same with TA-1004 and 1 February 2019 Patch. Not I get the error, before this Patch the unlock app only closed. Nokia Support is saying that the official unlock program is currently cancelled. The message from support was:

"It seems like your device is running the latest software and this is why you currently are unable to validate your device for the bootloader.
    It was only available for a brief period of time and is currently unavailable."
  • Same problem here never buy Nokia ever
  • In Pie, in 2019 still device not support. I will change my phone to Samsung. Never buy again Nokia...
  • Max Max
    ✭✭  /  edited March 22
    I can't unlock bootloader, too.
  • Same..
    Model: TA-1004 (Nokia 8)
    Hardware Model: NB1
    Firmware: B1-5140-0-00WW-B05 *

*I think, got it by executing :
    NB1:/ $ getprop | grep fver
    [persist.sys.current.fver]: [MLF,NB1-5140-0-00WW-B05.mlf]

I'm disappointed in Nokia...
    Not even WP10 was this disappointing...