SD Card Problems

I have a Nokia 3.1 running Android 8. Firstly, the phone works perfectly with the 8gb SD card that I used in my previous phone (running Android 7).

SD Card Problems

rstaveley rstaveley
✭✭  / 

I have a Nokia 3.1 running Android 8. Firstly, the phone works perfectly with the 8gb SD card that I used in my previous phone (running Android 7). However, I wanted more storage so bought a Class 10 SanDisk 32gb card. I formatted this as portable storage, but now my PC will not read the card while it is in the phone. If I remove the card and put it into the card slot of the PC it reads it perfectly, but when I put it back in the phone the PC hangs up when trying to read it. I have the USB file transfer option set on the phone.

I have tried all manner of fixes, including spending several hours on online chat to Nokia, but all to no avail. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    This feature is called Adoptable Storage, and it requires you to keep your card in your phone permanently. The card is also encrypted, so you cannot put it in another device to copy the data.
  • rstaveley rstaveley
    ✭✭  / 
    nitheesh - the card is formatted as portable storage, not internal (adopted) so the PC should be able to read it when it is installed in the phone. As I said above, if the card is inserted into the card reader on my PC it can be read without problems, it's only when it is mounted in the phone that the PC can't read it.