Bluetooth not working

After the 9.0 -update my Bluetooth stopped workin. Had to pair a device again but the phone refuses to connect automaticly.

Bluetooth not working

After the 9.0 -update my Bluetooth stopped workin. Had to pair a device again but the phone refuses to connect automaticly.
Also the new UI is crap, I hate the location/date/weather and I want to remove it but I can't

Comments

• kiozen kiozen
     / 

I have BlueTooth problems too. Specifically for BT devices that use BLE (BlueTooth Low Energy) mode. When I try to connect to the device the BT service is switched off and will be switched on again after a few seconds. This is reflected by the BT status in the top-down menu. 

However a BT head set using BT Classic services works.

Is that the same behaviour with your device?

• I have similar problems, I use Voyager 5220 Headset and lost it completely. And when I turn it on the Plant Hub won't even start as it should.
  • I'm having problems with my Nokia 7 plus Bluetooth connections. Half of my Bluetooth items will not pair up for some reason
  • I'm having similar Bluetooth problems . Half of my Bluetooth items won't pair up for some reason
  • I have the same issue, after 9.0 upgrade the phone refuses to connect to Garmin smartwatch rendering it useless for now. Any idea if Nokia even aware of this issues?
  • kiozen kiozen
     /  edited November 4

I contacted Nokia support via chat. They where not really interested in the details I told them. Only pre-formed answers. And the usual delete-cache-system-reset answer. As that did not help, they told me they will inform developers. No ticket number no other questions. Nothing. When I ask how this will proceed I received the pre-formed message that they can't tell anything. They really show you that they care as much as /dev/null.

As I need proper BT functionality for work I will turn in the device the next days. Having a bad customer support and breaking the customers devices by software update is a bad combination and not suitable for professional work.

• Judging by the amount of posts under this thread it doesn't look like a widespread problem, but if you google it, there are many people complaining about bluetooth issues after 9.0 upgrade. For me, personally, bluetooth is vital part of my smartphone, use ranges from smartwatch, stereo controls to printer. It's clearly a softwares issue, since beforehand it worked just fine, I really hope they'll address this ASAP.
  • kiozen kiozen
     / 

I doubt it there will be a fast response. It will take several weeks for a new roll out. And the way Nokia seems to handle customer feedback  they might not notice this BLE problem as a real issue. As a consequence chances are good that the next update will not fix it.

Colleague had the same problem of a broken BT with a Huawei after an update.  Even after a couple of updates it was never addressed. Same poor experience with their support as I had with Nokia's.

• I thing I'll change to another phone. This went to **** after the update!
  • Same here, After the update the phone doesn't connect to my Garmin Fenix 3 HR. It does connect to the Volvo audio system, but the sound isn't transmitted through the handsfree connection.

Untill now I was quitte pleased with the performance of the phone, however a proper connection with the Handsfree system is essential.

• Wyllliam Wyllliam
     /  edited November 4
    I have a similar issue here. When I try to pair my phone to my car audio I get the message that the Bluetooth function keeps crashing and then it shuts down.
    Rendering this phone useless in the car.
    I hope they fix this very soon
  • manna manna
     / 
    Same issue with me...my fitness band not connected with my Nokia 7plus....after connection established its auto disconnected...Team Nokia pls help regarding Bluetooth connectivity...
  • manna manna
     / 
    Now my fitness band working fine... Bluetooth connectivity needs location access.. when I turned on the location it's working fine...no problem with Bluetooth...
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭  / 
    Bluetooth is not connecting automatically with paired devices.