HMD preparing to launch a new feature phone?

NPU has spotted that HMD have got a new phone certified in China and Russia, the TA-1114 model.

HMD preparing to launch a new feature phone?

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭✭  / 

NPU has spotted that HMD have got a new phone certified in China and Russia, the TA-1114 model. It's almost certainly a feature phone because of the frequencies it has been certified for in China and appears to not be 4G so probably nothing to get excited about.

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD just announced the all new 106 model, and updated version of the existing one, so I assume this is the TA-1114.
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think they should concentrate for a while on increasing the number of popular apps for Nokia 8110 4G.
  • luckyjim17 luckyjim17
    ✭✭  / 
    I’ve seen a number of tech articles of various ages stating the mobile network providers in the US and Europe are looking to slowly remove 2g and 3g networks so why aren’t there more 4g versions of feature phones in these markets. There’s no issue with a product that could be 2g in one market and 4g in another or have one phone which will seemlessly switch between either and simply hide features that cannot be used on 2g networks. Otherwise some will buy a phone in the belief it will be OK for sometime but it becomes obsolete pretty quickly.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I think it will take many more years until the USA and Europe can phase out 2G. We still have medium and long-wave radio... :D
    Also, it probably costs more to develop a phone as you describe and since feature phones are cheap it probably doesn't make financial sense.