New smartphone model speculation

Hi all, Since I started a few threads about speculation on specific model numbers I realised it was getting a bit messy, so now I'll try and keep all my speculation in one place!

New smartphone model speculation

madbilly madbilly
✭✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

Since I started a few threads about speculation on specific model numbers I realised it was getting a bit messy, so now I'll try and keep all my speculation in one place!

To start with, based on what NPU have found in Chinese and Russian certification databases (which I can't find myself to verify), there appear to be some model codes which we've not seen phones for yet: TA-1132 and TA-1146 in China and TA-1139 in Russia. These numbers are different from any model we've seen launched so far in China, and as there only seems to be one model variant per model name (e.g. TA-1131 is the only variant of Nokia X7) then this suggests that TA-1132 and TA-1146 are new models. The TA-1139 could be a variant of the same model as TA-1132 or TA-1146, or it could be another entirely.

For your info, here are the Chinese certification databases I've found myself:

http://www.tenaa.com.cn/WSFW/ListDetail.aspx?code=jdjVWQQAxt5p3HRicxeLf%2bE2%2b%2fO5dom7AuQ3aObplTWf2RGP3%2bx59raqA9C0chj8

http://webdata.cqccms.com.cn/webdata/query/CCCCerti.do

I can't the certification database for Russia (more correctly, the Eurasian Economic Community, so more countries than just Russia, like the EU is not only Germany).

Neither shows these numbers, which is why I don't know if we can trust the information from NPU.

Cheers :)

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 

There's a new model spotted in bluetooth certification: TA-1136. Difficult to know what this is yet though.https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/71526

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD have teased the released of THREE new smartphone models to be revealed in Dubai on 5th December. Which ones do you think they will be?

My bet:
    • Nokia 9 penta-lens camera monster! The Return of the King - PureView.
    • Nokia X7 global version - whatever it's called, I hope not the "8.1" as that would mean the 8.1 was actually lower spec than the 8
    • The last one I'm really stuck, I've read speculation it's the 2.1 plus. Can the processor in the 2.1 really drive a bigger screen? Maybe it's the same resolution, just bigger.
    Cheers :smile:
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    So the "three" phones I thought would be announced in Dubai were actually just three colours of the same model, 8.1. Doh!

Another model has passed Bluetooth certification, the TA-1124 which has lower specs than the 1136.

And there's still the 1132, 1139 and 1146 which we don't know the public names of yet.

Plus the 1082, 1087 and 1094 which are rumoured to be the Nokia 9!

Do you know of any others?
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 

According to NokiaPowerUser this phone could be the 2.1 "plus", but Juho recently said they will not use the plus names anymore. Anyway, according to the FCC certification this is apparently a low spec phone but also with Bluetooth 5.0, not 4.2. The TA-1124 apparently has more RAM and storage than the TA-1136, but has Bluetooth 4.2. Note that the Nokia 8 Bluetooth certification says it is only certified for 4.2 but HMD advertise it as having v5 support....

So some of the rumours are probably wrong about what this is, let's wait and see.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'm losing track of what models have been certified where! Recent news is that details of a mid-range phone have been leaked, possibly the new 6 (6.2). More details on NPU and Nokiamob - although Nokiamob think it might be the 8.1+, so there might actually be two different phones in these leaks.

However Juho told us that the "plus" names would not be used anymore, at least that was my understanding.

Cheers :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Juho is feeding the fires of speculation by posting videos on his Instagram page!

It's a video mashup from MWC 2018 of all the phone announcements they made. I presume he posted it to whet our appetite about what they will announce at MWC this year.

I think there's at least 3:
    1. Nokia 9
    2. Nokia N9 retro phone running KaiOS (this is a pretty wild rumour though)
    3. Nokia 6.2
    4. Nokia 1
    5. Nokia 3