The way these phones are built make no sense

I bought a Nokia 6.1 hoping to finally find a way to avoid the mess of lack of software updates that are almost all Android phones.

The way these phones are built make no sense

pedrocr pedrocr
 / 
I bought a Nokia 6.1 hoping to finally find a way to avoid the mess of lack of software updates that are almost all Android phones. The end result is a phone heading for the garbage though. The way these phones are built makes no sense. The metal chassis appears great on first impression but it's extremely slippery. So if you don't want to end up with a broken phone (like I did after two days) you need to use some kind of phone case. But if you're going to cover the beautiful outside finish with a case might as well get a plastic phone instead. The lower weight will mean it's even less likely to fall and that if you do end up dropping it its much less likely to break from the lower weight hitting the ground.

The update experience isn't timely either, unlike the promise of Android One. Fixing the phone screen costs half of a new phone so it doesn't seem worth it to double down on this. Much to my regret I won't be buying or recommending these phones going forward. I was really hoping to be able to standardize on these for family members as an upgrade from the decent experience of Motorola phones but with better updates. Guess I'll keep looking.