unable connect to Samsung Galaxy Watch

Hi I just bought the Samsung Galaxy Watch. The older version of this watch (S3) was apperently working with some Nokia phones.

unable connect to Samsung Galaxy Watch

Sawen Sawen
 /  edited November 2018

Hi

I just bought the Samsung Galaxy Watch. The older version of this watch (S3) was apperently working with some Nokia phones. The new one (Galaxy Watch) isn't connecting to my Nokia 8. Even then I go to the phone bluetooth setting and try to select the watch, nothing helps. Deas anyone have a solution for this problem?

(I already tried to reset the watch and cleard the bluetooth cache)

Comments

• Yes, I got same issue.
    My nokia 8 still running with Oreo 8.1
  • eelis eelis
    ✭✭  / 
    Sawen said:

Hi

I just bought the Samsung Galaxy Watch. The older version of this watch (S3) was apperently working with some Nokia phones. The new one (Galaxy Watch) isn't connecting to my Nokia 8. Even then I go to the phone bluetooth setting and try to select the watch, nothing helps. Deas anyone have a solution for this problem?

Very good excuse to move to another phone.

-eelis-
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    Sawen said:

Hi

Hello, can you connect the new Samsung Galaxy watch to another phone and make a firmware update?

(Assuming the bluetooth on Nokia 8 is ok and we will not deal with it.)
  • Hi Sawen

I believe it is a Nokia specific problem, for I didn't have a problem connecting my Galaxy Watch to my old htc.
    As for solutions: some people were successfully able to connect the two following these steps:
    1. Delete all Galaxy Wearable-related apps on your phone.
    2. On your phone, go to settings, bluetooth and delete the connection with the Galaxy Watch.
    3. On your watch: go to settings, scroll down all the way, click 'connect to new phone' (or whatever it's called in english).
    4. Now install the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone, activate bluetooth.
    5. Wait until the Galaxy Watch starts, and hope it properly connects to your phone.

Honestly, sadly, this didn't work out for me 😐
    I just hope this problem will resolve itself with the software update to android 9.0 pie.
  • Just bought Nokia 9 and I do not get it connected with my Galaxy Watch. The Watch easily connects to my older phone Asus Zenphone AR. Yes, I have tried all the tricks suggested, but no luck.
  • Irokes Irokes
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    Hello everybody
    I own a Galaxy Watch and a Nokia 8.
    Had exactly the same problem, the watch was no longer connected.
    The ONLY solution that helps is a factory reset of the Nokia.
    Then install the Samsung software (Galaxy Wearable, Galaxy Watch Plugin and Samsung Accessory Service) and it works.
  • Baggio004 Baggio004
     / 
    I reset the Galaxy Watch and I had to remove the app from phone and then reboot the phone and watch. After that I could reconnect the watch (from scratch).
  • Hola no puedo conectar mi Nokia 8 sirocco a mi Samsung Galaxy watch ayuda por favor 😥

• imam sheikh imam sheikh
     / 

Nokia 5 need to connect with Samsung smart s3

• Hello

Maybe someone find a solution

A have Samsung Galaxy Watch

Nokia 8.1 and Android 10

I paired my devices, but I can't use Samsung Music App to control music

As I find for couple a days, Watches have such troubles only with nokia (6,7,8)

It show playlist and covers, but when I press connect It "couldn't connect"

Seems like software problem and some bluetooth security setting can fix it.

Maybe clean not-nokian OS can fix the problem too

• martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@AlexanderXXX you maybe better ask in the Nokia 8.1 forum (https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/nokia-8-1), here we are talking about Nokia 8, which is on Android 9 ...