Triggering a performance mode for the DAC inside the SOC (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835) in the Nokia 8.

Hello community members, i heard you could trigger a performance mode in the DAC of the Qualcomm Snapdragon SOC with Bootloader unlock!

Triggering a performance mode for the DAC inside the SOC (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835) in the Nokia 8.

Hello community members,

i heard you could trigger a performance mode in the DAC of the Qualcomm Snapdragon SOC with Bootloader unlock! I was wondering if somebody with an Unlocked Bootloader could check this in the Nokia 8.

Here's the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/8qz38v/highperformance_dac_mode_on_snapdragon_phones/

If this is true, HMD Global should implement this as an option for people who want to get the most out of their phones SOC audio quality in exchange for slightly worse battery life and loudness or for those who don't need this, to extend battery life. Considering the audio quality of the headphone jack is underwhelming, this could give it quite the boost.

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Great suggestion! If anyone manages to make a LineageOS port for the Nokia 8 (or any other alternative OS) I hope that they include this!

Still, it would be great if HMD could include this in the Android 9 software.
  • Thanks 😁