Nokia 7 plus can't connect to hidden WiFi networks

Recently I updated my Nokia 7 plus to Android Pie. After updating I was not able to connect to any new hidden WiFi network.

Nokia 7 plus can't connect to hidden WiFi networks

seddik seddik
✭✭  / 

Recently I updated my Nokia 7 plus to Android Pie. After updating I was not able to connect to any new hidden WiFi network. I made sure that the SSID and password of the hidden WiFi I want to connect to are correct and that other phones can connect to it but still my phone couldn't.
I performed all the reset options in the reset section in settings including factory reset but that didn't solve the problem. ot only that, but I also spoke with Nokia Mobile Care and they advised me to contact my phone vendor and repair but I am 100% sure that the problem is in the new Android Pie update and not in the phone (hardware) it self.

Furthermore, I contacted a friend who has Nokia 7 plus and he faced the same problem.
I was to solve this problem by installing a third party WiFi manager and that's confirmed to me that the problem is in the system WiFi manger and there is nothing with my phone.

But this is not a perfect fix, so I am posting this topic to draw attention to this bug because I did not find anything about it on the internet, and to find a solution.

Comments

• troeser troeser
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi Seddik - which third party WiFi manager do you use ?
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    seddik said:

Recently I updated my Nokia 7 plus to Android Pie. After updating I was not able to connect to any new hidden WiFi network. I made sure that the SSID and password of the hidden WiFi I want to connect to are correct and that other phones can connect to it but still my phone couldn't.
    I performed all the reset options in the reset section in settings including factory reset but that didn't solve the problem. ot only that, but I also spoke with Nokia Mobile Care and they advised me to contact my phone vendor and repair but I am 100% sure that the problem is in the new Android Pie update and not in the phone (hardware) it self.

Furthermore, I contacted a friend who has Nokia 7 plus and he faced the same problem.
    I was to solve this problem by installing a third party WiFi manager and that's confirmed to me that the problem is in the system WiFi manger and there is nothing with my phone.

But this is not a perfect fix, so I am posting this topic to draw attention to this bug because I did not find anything about it on the internet, and to find a solution.

Facing this issue with Nokia 7 plus from at least 4 months
  • Reem Nachar Reem Nachar
     / 
    Here is the solution, when you are saving the hidden network, after entering the SSID and the password, go for the advanced options below. You will find some properties. All you need to do is to precise that the network you are going to connect is hidden.
    So set the "hidden" property to "yes" instead of no.
    I was suffering from this issue for weeks ago but this is how I solve it!
  • Reem Nachar Reem Nachar
     / 
    Reem Nachar said:
    Here is the solution, when you are saving the hidden network, after entering the SSID and the password, go for the advanced options below. You will find some properties. All you need to do is to precise that the network you are going to connect is hidden.

So set the "hidden" property to "yes" instead of no.

I was suffering from this issue for weeks ago but this is how I solve it!