Issues with October security Patch Nokia 7 plus

Hello Team, I am facing issues after updating it to October security patch level. The issue is double tap is not working after update.

Issues with October security Patch Nokia 7 plus

chandra chandra
 /  edited October 31
Hello Team,

I am facing issues after updating it to October security patch level. The issue is double tap is not working after update. Have done update and restarted device after installation of patch..

Please advise if someone also facing the same issue...

Comments

• Shoaib Shoaib
     /  edited November 5

Even i'am facing the same issue. Most of the gestures are missing from the gestures options after the security patch. 

• chandra chandra
     /  edited October 31
    Ahhh...!! I have almost spent nearly 20 minutes to see where the double tap settings, but couldn't find the settings... So is it missed then on this October patch???

HMD, what was going here with October security patch. What are changes rolled out to 7 plus along with Security patch. Please advise and how the missed gestures can be corrected??
  • Linus Linus
     / 
    It's there under display settings and working fine form me after oct security update
  • chandra chandra
     / 
    @Linus can u Pls help me.by exactly pointing out where that settings located under Display menu.

@shoaib where you able to see double Tap settings?

Just a thought - will this issue be of any location specific by any chance?
  • Linus Linus
     /  edited October 31
    Go to settings- display- advanced- tap to wake
  • chandra chandra
     / 
    Hmm.. I jst looked at it.. But couldnt find. Below are the items which I am. Able. To see it from Display - - > Advanced Menu section

Sleep, Auto rotate, font size, display size, Screensaver, ambient display and device theme.

Even I didn't find it in gestures as well..!! 
  • Munib1002 Munib1002
     /  edited October 31
    Do a soft reset by holding the volume up and power button untill phone is switched off. Then turn it on.
  • chandra chandra
     / 
    I was able to use tap and working well before I updates to Oct patch
  • chandra chandra
     / 
    @munib1002

Did u faced the problem and overcome by soft reset? Or its suggestion for me. Thank you..!!
  • Shoaib Shoaib
     / 

@Chandra double tap setting is not present in the settings menu after the October Security Path Update.

• chandra chandra
     / 
    Hi Munib or Shoaib

I am able to see the double after the soft reset my device. But couldnt understand why it's happening after upgrade. Wat went wrong?
  • Overview Selection feature not work. help me
  • Just I updated security patch. I do not have any problem in regards to double tap. Yes initially there was some problem in update. first attempt I failed to update. But, second time, my phone updated. But it took more than 15 minutes for update, earlier it was around 5 minutes. 

• Tap to wake: Settings>Display>Advanced>Tape to wake

• Munib1002 Munib1002
     / 
    I dont know much about software or coding.
    But one thing i picked in my programming course was that restarting a console is the best thing u could do in troubleshooting :)
  • I m facing same issue all you need to restart the phone all gesture will apear automatically beleive me its working fine all option are apears after phone restart just try it
  • Iceman456 Iceman456
     / 
    Just got October update on my 7 Plus today November 3rd, no problems as yet.