Nokia 5 problem with Google Pay

Colleagues, please tell me what could be the problem?

Nokia 5 problem with Google Pay

tnx2000 tnx2000
 / 

Colleagues, please tell me what could be the problem?

It
is given: Nokia 5 (model TA-1053), pure Android 8.1.0 with all the
latest updates (did not change anything, the bootloader is blocked, the
phone passed Google certification, the phone passes the engineering test
- everything works fine).
Everything was as it was when buying a phone in the official store.
There is a MasterCard Debit bank card that works with Google Pay.
The latest version of Google Pay is approved, the card has been successfully added to it.
NFC is enabled on the phone.
Absolutely nothing happens when you bring the phone to the terminal. The position of the phone in relation to the terminal and the time spent by two devices next to it changed.
To
check, I installed a program for reading the information of a simulated
card - "NFCSmartCardReader" on a Nexus 7 tablet (also contains an NFC
chip).
No reaction when combining the phone and tablet.
But! I
installed a program for reading NFC tags "Checking NFC" both on the
phone and on the tablet - it turns out to exchange tags in one way or
the other.
It
also turns out to send, for example, photo / video / audio from a
tablet to a phone and vice versa from a phone to a tablet, via NFC.
">But with Google Pay there is no reaction :(
What am I doing wrong, can someone tell me? It
feels like there is some kind of security block somewhere and the phone
simply does not send the card data to a terminal or card reader program
request.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Hello, I had same problem. But with some research I found that the phones NFC chip is placed in the center of the phone under the Nokia logo, as shown on the picture :)image

•  According to other information, the NFC chip / antenna is located:
    1) next to the camera
    2) near the flash
    3) between the camera and the flash.
    And this is logical, since the place that you designated is closed with an aluminum back cover. Only between the camera / flash there is a glass.
    However, knowing the exact location of NFC does not help solve the problem.

• Well, in settings have you set the Google Pay app to be Tap & Pay?

•  Well, in settings have you set the Google Pay app to be Tap & Pay? - of course.

--------------------------------------

My observations and conclusions.

I also have a Xiaomi mi5 phone which works without problems with a contactless payments with a similar bank card, which I use when trying to configure contactless payments on Nokia 5.

For experiment I installed a program from PlayMarket for reading NFC
    tags "NFC Tools" both on the Nokia 5 and on the Xiaomi Mi5. The program
    is running on two devices (read NFC tags).

When the phones are combined, the following happens: Nokia 5 reads the
    Xiaomi Mi5 tag (tag type, available technology, serial number, ATQA,
    SAK), but Xiaomi Mi 5 can not read the Nokia 5 tag. I understand this
    also happens in the bank terminal - it's can not read a tag / virtual
    card created on Nokia 5. For some reason, I can not understand: there is
    a security lock, the protocol does not match, Nokia 5 does not receive a
    request for the tag and accordingly does not respond in return, maybe
    something else.

I can not understand - this is hardware problem of Nokia 5 and it should
    be sent for repair, or it is a software problem of Android and maybe it will be fixed in the next update.

Nokia's support could not help

In chat talked with operators for several hours. We tried to reset the cache and data services and apps: Android
    Pay, NFC
    services, Google
    Play Store, reset
    network settings - without result.

Soft reset & Hard reset - without result.

Wipe cache (!) - without result.

----------------------------------------------
    It is especially unclear that some people do contactless payments without problems, some with problems, some do not work at all.Mysticism ???

It would be desirable that the legendary company of Nokia, respected by all, gave at least some answer to this problem.
    Ready to be a tester, collect statistic,
    send reports ...

• Well, in settings have you set the Google Pay app to be Tap
    & Pay? - of course.

--------------------------------------

My observations and conclusions.

I also have a Xiaomi mi5 phone which works without problems with a
    contactless payments
    with a similar bank card,
    which
    I use when trying to configure contactless payments on Nokia 5

For experiment I installed a program from PlayMarket for reading NFC tags
    "NFC Tools" both on the Nokia 5 and on the Xiaomi Mi5. The program is
    running on two devices (read NFC tags).

When the phones are combined, the following happens: Nokia 5 reads the Xiaomi
    Mi5 tag (tag type, available technology, serial number, ATQA, SAK), but Xiaomi
    Mi 5 can not read the Nokia 5 tag. I understand this also happens in the bank
    terminal - it's can not read a tag / virtual card created on Nokia 5. For some
    reason, I can not understand: there is a security lock, the protocol does not
    match, Nokia 5 does not receive a request for the tag and accordingly does not
    respond in return, maybe something else.

I can not understand - this is hardware problem of Nokia 5 and it should be
    sent for repair, or it is a software problem of Android
    and maybe it will be fixed in the next update.

Nokia's support could not help

In chat talked with operators for
    several hours. We tried to reset the cache and data services and apps:
    Android Pay, NFC services, Google Play Store, reset network settings - without result.

Soft reset
    & Hard reset - without result.

Wipe cache
    (!) - without result.

----------------------------------------------

It is
    especially unclear that some people do contactless payments without problems,
    some with problems, some do not work at all.Mysticism ???

It
    would be desirable that the legendary company of Nokia, respected by all, gave
    at least some answer to this problem.

Ready to be a tester, collect statistic, send reports ...

• I would like to hear from the company representatives about this issue. But in this community I do not watch them. If so, why then this community was created?

• I still hope that everything written here is read by someone and it is useful and may help to find the right solution.
    1. After the last Android update (security path 2018-11), Nokia 5 stopped working on AndroidBeam - between devices Xiaomi mi5 (Android 8.0.0) and Nokia 5 (Android 8.1.0). The files transfer between the Nexus 7 (Android 4.4.4) and Nokia 5 (Android 8.1.0) is still possible.
    2. An attempt was made to roll back Nokia 5 on Android 7.1.2 (there is a way). The attempt was successful, but as a result of the initial download, after connecting to the Internet, the version of Android 8.1.0 was forcibly downloaded and installed with security patch 2018-04.
    AndroidBeam between devices Xiaomi mi5 (Android 8.0.0) and Nokia 5 (Android 8.1.0) still did not work.
    Next, install the proposed monthly security patch in turn starting from 2018-05. After each update, the NFC connection (AndroidBeam) was checked between the Xiaomi mi5 and Nokia 5 devices. Suddenly, the performance was restored after security path 2018-10. Prior to this, AndroidBeam communication was only possible with the Nexus 7 device (Android 4.4.4).
    Security patch 2018-11 did not install for a reason - see point 1.
    At the moment, the transfer via AndroidBeam (NFC) between Nokia 5 (Android 8.1.0 sp 2018-10), Xiaomi mi5 (Android 8.0.0) and Nexus 7 (Android 4.4.4) in any combination and in any direction is working steadily .
    This is from good. Not very good, Gpay didn’t work and didn’t work. No reaction when pairing the phone and the terminal.
    3. On the phone Xiaomi mi5 with a successful Gpay, the setting is set: Alerts-Where can I pay. Signals whether this outlet is equipped with Gpay-enabled terminals. And it works - alerts are sent to the phone, and it is convenient. But! On Nokia 5 with the installed Gpay and successfully added a card, a similar notification never came, although this setting is activated. Phones lie in the adjacent pockets of a jacket when going to the store. Android phone settings are all default. For example, the same alerts when mail arrives from Gmail come. Why is that ?

Conclusion: my personal opinion (!) Is somewhere overridden with security, access rights or something similar. And most likely not even in Gpay, but in Android itself. Although again - all the settings there by default. Maybe Google account security issues need to be analyzed - I don't know. According to statistics (various forums) such a problem is very rare, but it occurs. Solutions have not yet seen. Some helped update on Android 8 Oreo. But this is not the case.
    P.S. If additional information is needed: logs, work logs, testing test versions of the program, etc. - contact. Ready to participate. If it can help.
  • raise the topic

• Up