Nokia 7 plus Android Pie Stable Built Bugs & Missing Feature Report.

1) No Message On Lock Screen 2) Dpi Error-Changing Size Display To Small, After Some Time it Changes to Default, Mainy Can Be Seen In Power Menu.

Nokia 7 plus Android Pie Stable Built Bugs & Missing Feature Report.

JD1999 JD1999
✭✭✭  / 
1) No Message On Lock Screen
2) Dpi Error-Changing Size Display To Small, After Some Time it Changes to Default, Mainy Can Be Seen In Power Menu.
3) In Quick Setting Panel, Tiles With Double Line Font (Name & Description).
4) In Landscape Mode Cannot use Recent App Scroll Gesture.
5) Dosen't Shows Lockscreen Message On Ambient Display.
6) Some times Opening App Drawer From App Directly Shows Some Frame Drop And App Drawer Dosen't Open At Once.
7) Change Home Screen Google Search Bar Cause It Is Directly Intregrated From Google App, & Add Google Search Bar In App Drawer Cause It Runies Google Material Design 2, Plus Change Voice Search In Bar To Google Assistant.
8) Cannot Copy Text Are Image From Recent Screen.
9) Google Feed Dosen't Changes It's Background Colour To Dark If Dark Theme Is Applied While It's Present In Pixel Device.
10) Still Shows Default Launcher As Quick Setup Instead Of Pixel Launcher. I Know That Some Of You Will Tell That Pixel Launcher Is Only For Google Device, No But It's Not It Also On Android One Phones.

HMD Should Create Separate Page To Report Bugs And Features Missing.

Last Check On October Update.
And Humble Request To HMD Don't Ignore This Types Of Post On Fourms. It's One Of The Best Way To Give Request.

Comments

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jd1999 said:
    1) No Message On Lock Screen 2) Dpi Error-Changing Size Display To Small, After Some Time it Changes to Default, Mainy Can Be Seen In Power Menu. 3) In Quick Setting Panel, Tiles With Double Line Font (Name & Description). 4) In Landscape Mode Cannot use Recent App Scroll Gesture. 5) Dosen't Shows Lockscreen Message On Ambient Display. 6) Some times Opening App Drawer From App Directly Shows Some Frame Drop And App Drawer Dosen't Open At Once. 7) Change Home Screen Google Search Bar Cause It Is Directly Intregrated From Google App, & Add Google Search Bar In App Drawer Cause It Runies Google Material Design 2, Plus Change Voice Search In Bar To Google Assistant. 8) Cannot Copy Text Are Image From Recent Screen. 9) Google Feed Dosen't Changes It's Background Colour To Dark If Dark Theme Is Applied While It's Present In Pixel Device. 10) Still Shows Default Launcher As Quick Setup Instead Of Pixel Launcher. I Know That Some Of You Will Tell That Pixel Launcher Is Only For Google Device, No But It's Not It Also On Android One Phones. HMD Should Create Separate Page To Report Bugs And Features Missing. Last Check On October Update. And Humble Request To HMD Don't Ignore This Types Of Post On Fourms. It's One Of The Best Way To Give Request.
    Some of the issues aren't issues
    4th) I'm able to do that if I'm not mistaken in what you are trying to say
    5th) it's lame as it's lockscreen message & not ambient screen message. It's supposed to be displayed on lockscreen.
    10th) Somehow after pie update the pixel launcher won't install as it has issues with stock launcher.(it's an issues)
    You missed screen flickering, battery drainage, no pie screenshot editor 😅
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jd1999 said:

More missing features and Bugs:

1) No home screen rotation in settings
    2) No color change setting in display setting ( display Saturation eg: natural, warm)
    3) Many times recent app switch via gesture Dosen't works
    4) Many times gesture Dosen't work
    5) Unpolished software
    6) Double tap on screen off Dosen't shows ambient display it directly shows lock screen
    7) Camera Not UI not similar as Gcam.
    6th & 7th are vague
    Double tap to wake mean to wake up the device and not to show ambient display.
    Camera UI not similar as GCam 😐 because it's Nokia's camera app. If you want GCam just download pixel 3xl camera mod. Stock android doesn't mean that it will provide GCam to you.
    In Pixel devices in off screen double tap is use then it will directly go to ambien display not to lock screen according to that Nokia phones also should have same features.
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    jd1999 said:
    1) No Message On Lock Screen 2) Dpi Error-Changing Size Display To Small, After Some Time it Changes to Default, Mainy Can Be Seen In Power Menu. 3) In Quick Setting Panel, Tiles With Double Line Font (Name & Description). 4) In Landscape Mode Cannot use Recent App Scroll Gesture. 5) Dosen't Shows Lockscreen Message On Ambient Display. 6) Some times Opening App Drawer From App Directly Shows Some Frame Drop And App Drawer Dosen't Open At Once. 7) Change Home Screen Google Search Bar Cause It Is Directly Intregrated From Google App, & Add Google Search Bar In App Drawer Cause It Runies Google Material Design 2, Plus Change Voice Search In Bar To Google Assistant. 8) Cannot Copy Text Are Image From Recent Screen. 9) Google Feed Dosen't Changes It's Background Colour To Dark If Dark Theme Is Applied While It's Present In Pixel Device. 10) Still Shows Default Launcher As Quick Setup Instead Of Pixel Launcher. I Know That Some Of You Will Tell That Pixel Launcher Is Only For Google Device, No But It's Not It Also On Android One Phones. HMD Should Create Separate Page To Report Bugs And Features Missing. Last Check On October Update. And Humble Request To HMD Don't Ignore This Types Of Post On Fourms. It's One Of The Best Way To Give Request.
    Some of the issues aren't issues
    4th) I'm able to do that if I'm not mistaken in what you are trying to say
    5th) it's lame as it's lockscreen message & not ambient screen message. It's supposed to be displayed on lockscreen.
    10th) Somehow after pie update the pixel launcher won't install as it has issues with stock launcher.(it's an issues)
    You missed screen flickering, battery drainage, no pie screenshot editor 😅
    In 4th one I am trying to say that if you are in landscape mode then in gesture only you can go to app drawer or you can directly minimize the app(Home action) but you cannot switch between recents apps or even you can't scroll between all apps by slide gesture. 
    And yes screen flickering issue is there. 
    But screenshot editor of pie is limited to pixel device and I didn't saw any battery issue I am able to get almost 8-9 hours in single charge with continuous usage on 4G.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I'm able to scroll between apps in landscape too. On Oreo battery life was around 11 to 13 hrs for me, now it's 7-8 hrs only
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    jd1999 said:
    jd1999 said:

2) No color change setting in display setting ( display Saturation eg: natural, warm)
    5) Unpolished software
    6) Double tap on screen off Dosen't shows ambient display it directly shows lock screen
    6th & 7th are vague
    Camera UI not similar as GCam 😐 because it's Nokia's camera app. If you want GCam just download pixel 3xl camera mod. Stock android doesn't mean that it will provide GCam to you.
    In Pixel devices in off screen double tap is use then it will directly go to ambien display not to lock screen according to that Nokia phones also should have same features.
    Some features are limited to pixel only 😐
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  /  edited November 2018
    jd1999 said:
    jd1999 said:

5) Unpolished software
    6th & 7th are vague
    Some features are limited to pixel only 😐
    Yes some feature are only limited to pixel and I never used device on Oreo cause I purchased it when it got Android p dp3 so from then battery life is best
  • The date not showing up in the notification panel while the phone is light mode. (See the screenshots)
    2) DPI alignment issues. (See the screenshots)
    3) the uI stutters constantly while in navigatio
  • sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Stop using 3rd party, custom launchers, especially when they're designed for propetiary (pixel) phones. The specs, resolution could be different, meaning you will see bugs.

Android one doesn't mean this is google pixel. Irnonly means you will get updates guaranteed for 2-3years (well, most of the people at least)
  • Just to ask, did You perform hard reset after pie update?
  • The most annoying issue to me is the proximity sensor issue.

Sometimes it stopped working, reboot do fix that issue.

Well it was not there in 8.1 but from the first day of 9.0 started facing this issue.
  • Trveller72 Trveller72
    ✭✭  / 
    In my opinion the 9.0 Pie firmware is just a beta version issued as a stable version.
    There are lots of bugs in it:
    - starting with performance and battery (shutter, freezing, black screen, higher battery drain when it should be the other way),
    - continuing with security issues (pattern unlock is showing sometimes the pattern when unlocking, unlock with trusted devices not working always, etc),
    - finishing with cosmetic issues (like DPI)
    It was my hope that firmware will get better in time (as the Android 8 firmware was getting better), but I am starting to loose my patience.
    It seems more likely now, that HMD's priority is on hardware with little or no emphasis on the software (even though they advertise regular updates and Android One as a selling point).

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @kronos1 .. If upgrading software needs a hard reset every time it means the upgrade experience not smooth & has bugs which needs to be fixed.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Just found another bug. ... As i use SwiftKey as default keyboard disabling others... And under keyboard the nav bar remains white.... While u need to enable google keyboard with dark theme again... Only then disabling Google keyboard to get dark navbar under SwiftKey  ... Annoying! ! 

• wyk said:
    @kronos1 .. If upgrading software needs a hard reset every time it means the upgrade experience not smooth & has bugs which needs to be fixed.
    Hard reset is mandatory after going to Pie from Oreo!  

• JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    In my opinion the 9.0 Pie firmware is just a beta version issued as a stable version.
    - starting with performance and battery (shutter, freezing, black screen, higher battery drain when it should be the other way),
    - continuing with security issues (pattern unlock is showing sometimes the pattern when unlocking, unlock with trusted devices not working always, etc),
    It was my hope that firmware will get better in time (as the Android 8 firmware was getting better), but I am starting to loose my patience.
    It seems more likely now, that HMD's priority is on hardware with little or no emphasis on the software (even though they advertise regular updates and Android One as a selling point).

I can tell that's wrong cause in DP 4.1 there was only one bug that was play store certification. But after i received castable update many more bugs were found, many of the sites were suggesting that hmd global mistakely give an old beta with new SP(September update). After getting the October now I am guarantee that hmd global is not paying attention on Nokia 7 plus because is almost 9 months old, they are only paying attention on latest devices for example Nokia 6.1 Plus, and launching new devices I am afraid that if hmd global does not gives bug fixes that hmd global will lose its brand image
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I agree. HMD shouldn't release a new phone every week, but focus more on already released ones a bit more.
  • Stop using 3rd party, custom launchers, especially when they're designed for propetiary (pixel) phones. The specs, resolution could be different, meaning you will see bugs.

Android one doesn't mean this is google pixel. Irnonly means you will get updates guaranteed for 2-3years (well, most of the people at least)
    Launchers don't make a difference...
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 

Check out this

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Stop using 3rd party, custom launchers, especially when they're designed for propetiary (pixel) phones. The specs, resolution could be different, meaning you will see bugs.

Launchers don't make a difference...
    Of course custom launchers make a difference. Especially when they're designed for one specific phone and you try to use it on sonething else.

Nova or Microsoft launchers are OK, as they're universal, but others, I'm not too sure
  • 1) Battery drain 
    2) Ram management of oreo was better than 25k phones like oppo f9 pro nova 3i poco f1 honor play ..but now it not even cimparable to 4 GB varient of Asus M1 bcoz of this Memory management i bought this phone but now its worst.
    3) Double tap to sleep & Icon pack is not up to the mark like other stock launchers provide us and Pixel as default launcher 
    4) Phone heats alot seriously it is some what damaging the battery life cycle whether you are play game charging your phone or using the camera..The phone is warm that it can be felt after touching it from the backcover also.

• Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm able to scroll between apps in landscape too. On Oreo battery life was around 11 to 13 hrs for me, now it's 7-8 hrs only
    Mines too
  • Phone gets freezed after clearing cache memory in settings. Takes approximately 3-5 minutes to recover.
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    22nd Nov but no November patch and bug fix update plz HMD be on time. 
  • Aakash Aakash
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hi Nokia7plus users,
    I need your help 
    I request you all to email this Nokia7plus serious issues link to Nokia so that we can grab their attention.

Email Id: [email protected]

Link of Issues: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/9434/serious-issues-of-nokia-7-plus-users-of-nokia7plus-please-have-a-look/p1
  • i was using my phone to check my facebook and it suddenly freezes (has been been glitching since the pie update) then i pressed the power button to lock as it usually works. but when i pressed the  power button to unlock device it refuses to come on... but it (the screen) is dimly lit so you could tell it's still on. I tried holding down the power button to restart or forcibly turn it off, doesn't work. I tied hard reset to no avail. so i tried calling my line but it doesn't ring out or light up the screen but its ringing on the other end. I NEED HELP!!!!!
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Press volume up & power button simultaneously until it vibrates for a soft reset. 
  • My Nokia 7 plus speaker is distorted and screen sometimes flicker.pls help